This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, Sir, You Are Special.

Our hours during the week are 9 AM to 6 PM. Last night, after completing my closing duties, I turned out the "open" sign and locked the door right at 6 PM. I forgot to set the alarm, so I went back in and set it, then locked up again. Spoke to Husband on phone briefly.

Now, the way my store is set up, there's a small parking lot in front, then a larger one on the side for the truck supply store and the pizza place. Us employees park on the side to leave the front spots for customers. Also important to know is there is an entrance right there past the front of the store.

Now, when I leave, I will pull out of my spot, and go around the back of the building to the next street up to catch the light, as I go left to get to the highway and don't want to fight traffic. Last night, I repeated this, but drove slowly as someone had just come out of the truck supply store with a fat weenie dog, and I didn't wanna hit their dog. As I was slowly making my way, keeping an eye on the dog and waving at it's owners, a bright yellow car guns up behind me from the front of my store's building. It follows me past the couple with the dog, around the back of the building, but when I get to the end where I would pull onto the street, it flies over like it's gonna cut me off. I'm pretty well steamed at that, but then I hear:

"YOU! IT'S NOT SIX O'CLOCK YET!"

Now, I ignore it, and when I pull up to the intersection, I check my watch. It is in fact, approximately 6:07 PM. My watch is set to the computers at work, which I'm sure my boss set to some reliable source. I look over, and realize this dude yelling at me wasn't all. What made this guy King Whiney of Petty Town is that he was turning right. Which means instead of simply seeing that I'm closed, turning left to the exit and turning right onto the road, he drove up behind me, followed me out, so he could yell at me. He must've seen my uniform shirt, I guess.

Either way, that was an amazing display of Stupid, and I felt like sharing.
    I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Actually, that is kinda scarry. Sounds like a road rage idiot.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

That's what I thought, but when I looked over at him while he was trying to turn right, he was looking pretty sheepish, avoiding my suspicious eye-brow raising. So I think he let his stupidity get away from him then felt like an ass. Which he was, of course.
      I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

Oi...wow. That's kind of scary.
        Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

That's why it's nice working at a store that never closes.
          Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

yeah, that's not cool..actions like that will get someone beat up or shot in the long run.

Comment

Was the weenie dog ok?
              BTW, off topic,
              Love the Avatar Myra!
              hhhhhhhot!
              WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Working...
              X