This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, seriously....

We've got a soda fountain type thing at work. Customer pays for drink, gets their own cup, and fills it up themselves. Now, from time to time one of the soda's will run out and we don't have a replacement for it yet. This was the case the other night with the Dr. Pepper, so we had put a sign on it that said "Out of Order." Well, we're standing there and watch this asshat attempt to get Dr. Pepper, completely disregarding said sign. Now, I don't know who did it, but I walked by later and someone had put another sign up that said, "No, seriously, it's out of order." This make me laugh every time I go by!
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Hehehehe, that's so funny! Good on 'em!
    'Our brightest days are yet to shine'
    'You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same'

Comment

God, signs are utterly useless with many customers, even if you shove them into their faces! Isn't it pathetic when you actually point to the sign and they say, "Well, nobody told me about it!"?

There's got to be a better way.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        Now, I don't know who did it, but I walked by later and someone had put another sign up that said, "No, seriously, it's out of order."
        It didn't happen to be a full-size sheet, written in shoe polish, did it?
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Oh, that was funny.

Mad Mike, don't you LOVE being able to use Clerks references?

I have to remember to grab Clerks and the cartoon for Bella's viewing pleasure when I'm back home...
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Silas G. T. Brontë View Post
            God, signs are utterly useless with many customers, even if you shove them into their faces! Isn't it pathetic when you actually point to the sign and they say, "Well, nobody told me about it!"?

There's got to be a better way.
            Yes. Yes there is. You show them the sign and bash their faces into it while you are reading out loud to them what the sign says, punctuating each word with another meeting of face and sign. Then you are now left with a customer who has either:

Learned what the sign says and learns from it

Is now a dribbling vegetable who has so much brain damage that he's in a home for the rest of his life

Or is dead

Either way they won't bother you again...the downside to this is the possibility of procecution for assult/manslaughter.

Mongo
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
              This was the case the other night with the Dr. Pepper, so we had put a sign on it that said "Out of Order." Well, we're standing there and watch this asshat attempt to get Dr. Pepper, completely disregarding said sign. Now, I don't know who did it, but I walked by later and someone had put another sign up that said, "No, seriously, it's out of order."
              That's too funny! Wonder if any customers still tried to get Dr. Pepper?
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

LMAO! That so reminds me of when one of our selfscans was broken. It wouldn't take cash so we taped these big blue signs over where you put the cash in that said that the machine couldn't accept cash and to please take your receipt to the pay station. Nearly everybody who went there would lift up the sign and try to put their money in there anyway. Then they'd complain because it wouldn't take their cash. It's like, uhhm read the sign in your hand, idiot.

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                  Yes. Yes there is. You show them the sign and bash their faces into it while you are reading out loud to them what the sign says, punctuating each word with another meeting of face and sign. Then you are now left with a customer who has either:

Learned what the sign says and learns from it

Is now a dribbling vegetable who has so much brain damage that he's in a home for the rest of his life

Or is dead

Either way they won't bother you again...the downside to this is the possibility of procecution for assult/manslaughter.

Mongo
                  There have been times where I just want to do that, calling an SC every name in the book. Those parking signs are big so it would be very entertaining.
                  The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I'd like to make up a sign that says something like "all customers will have the air let out of their tires as they shop" and see how many people actually notice it.

Comment

My favorite No Can Read Sign story comes from my Burger King days. We had just mopped the bathrooms floors and put a big sign staying Caution Wet Floors. We see this one SC read the sign and go in, ten mintues later he storms out and heads to the counter. "Your floors are wet I almost tripped" says the SC. We expalin that it had just been mopped and a sign had been put up. "I read the sign but you didn't tell us how wet it was. " He then says that he could've sued but he won't as long as we learned our lesson.

He should've sued his parents and school teachers for not teaching him basic reading and comprehension skills
                      My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
                        I'd like to make up a sign that says something like "all customers will have the air let out of their tires as they shop" and see how many people actually notice it.
                        My dream sign would read, "Anyone entering this store as a customer agrees to relinquish all civil rights" and see how many people see it. Even if no-one saw it, it would be cool to have.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                        X