This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got this one, literally

I love working for places i know don't screen internet usage.

Anyway, a few minutes ago I get a call from a former resident, who just happens to have lived in the apt the current maintenance man is living in now. She wanted to know if she had any mail here, because she was expecting something important. No problem, if it was a vacant unit I could check the box myself, but since it isn't I simply called the maintenance guy and asked him. He said no mail for her had been received. Okay, so I call the girl back and tell her no mail for her. She goes OFF!

SC: How can I have no mail there when i didn't put in a change of address? That's impossible! There must be some junk mail or something!

Me: He said that he has received nothing with your name on it, sorry.

SC: BUT HOW CAN THAT BE!!!

Me: I'm just letting you know what he said, Ma'am

SC: Look, is the maintenance guy you spoke to a white guy or a Mexican guy?

Me: What does that have to do with anything?!?!?

SC: Will you just tell me? I had an issue with a maintenance guy there and I'm thinking that if it's him he's keeping my mail from me, so will you tell me if it was a white guy or a Mexican?

Me: Absolutely not. I can assure you that no matter his race that committing the FEDERAL OFFENSE of stealing your mail has not happened. Your mail is most likely being held at the post office.

SC: But I didn't put in no change of address form!

Me: But HE did, you see. The mail carrier probably knows everybody here, and when he saw that you moved out he automatically took your mail back to the post office. I've seen this happen before many, many times at other places.

SC: Well FINE, I'll figure something out!

Me: Just call the post office and ask if there is any mail being held for you there, if it hasn't been too long then they should still have it. It's no big deal.

SC: FINE. BYE.

WTF?!?!? How can you KNOW you'll be moving, and KNOW that you're expecting some very important papers in the mail, and not THINK to put in a change of address form? And wtf does the race of ANYBODY have to do with this? I'm surprised she didn't ask me for me pedigree, since I happen to be visually the same race as the gentleman in question, I'm sure she would have jumped to the conclusion that there is a VAST CONSPIRACY keeping her from her Cheese of the Month renewal paperwork.
    "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

From my reading of it, I think she was trying to identify if it was the maintenance worker she'd had issues with, not necessarily making assumptions based on race.

That said, yeah. It's not that hard to fill out COA cards, and I wonder at anyone who refuses to - strikes me that they want some of their mail lost.
    The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

wait... she's too lazy to file her coa
      but not too lazy to stir up shit against the man living in the apartment?

besides, what does she want you to do? open the mail yourself to verify?

somehow... she's making me imagine someone bouncing on a trampoline, head first...only without the trampoline. cos she's gone and lost her mind

Comment

You can even do a change of address on line with the Post Office, but they charge you $1.00.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I would have given her the benefit of the doubt if she had said "I think his name is<<makes a stab in the dark>>, you know, the white/Mexican guy"

If she had such problems before with a staff member, to the point that she suspects him capable of committing a federal offense for spite, then why doesn't she just CALL THE COPS, or file a complaint with the postal inspector. Oh, wait, that requires EFFORT. My bad.

Also, this property only has 96 units. THERE IS ONLY ONE MAINTENANCE GUY! There has never been more than one, and at this company only the actual employees live on site.

I don't know and I don't care what side of the racism pendulum she was swinging, but I was having none of it.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
            You can even do a change of address on line with the Post Office, but they charge you $1.00.
            $1.00 so that I don't have to go down and pick up the forms. I'm in!
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth TTAZ View Post
              a VAST CONSPIRACY keeping her from her Cheese of the Month renewal paperwork.
              Classic. I wonder how important this important mail really was.
              Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Only problem with doing it online is that your carrier doesn't know that you've moved out. We get no notice. By turning in the form at least we're given a heads up and remember they take up to a week to get entered into the COA database.

As for the lady in question...I would just shake my head at her stupidity...but I've seen this A LOT. Lazy *mutters*

Comment

Just got another brain trust:

SC:"What happened to <<employee>>?"

Me:"I don't know. As far as I know only <<name>> works here"

SC:"But he was up there before!"

Me:"I don't KNOW. I am a temp, I have never been here before"

SC:"Where's <<manager>>?"

Me:"Bisbee"

SC:"So she's, like, "gone", gone?"

Me:"Yes, she has, like, "gone" gone to Bisbee."

And she'll be "back" back on Monday.

Twit.

Comment

Quoth TTAZ View Post
                    SC:"So she's, like, "gone", gone?"

Me:"Yes, she has, like, "gone" gone to Bisbee."

And she'll be "back" back on Monday.

Twit.
                    Ah, but the way you answered her question left her with the wrong impression. (I understand moronese. I have been forced to become fluent in it.)

SC:"So she's, like, "gone", gone?" is her way of asking if the woman has actually moved away, or is on a short trip.

Me:"Yes, she has, like, "gone" gone to Bisbee." means you have confirmed for her that the lady has moved and won't be back, when, in fact, she's apparently coming back on Monday.

At least, that's the way I read the situation.
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth TTAZ View Post
                      I love working for places i know don't screen internet usage.
                      Isn't instant and unrestricted internet access fun?
                      Hello, I'm a Mac. My global domination plans are almost complete.

It's On Like Donkey Kong.

Comment

Okay, that was my mistake for not mentioning this conversation was paraphrased. I did inform him that she would be back on Monday, at that point he asked where she was, I said Bisbee, etc. etc.

A couple of interesting things I have since discovered:

The "Mexican Guy" everyone is asking about, was fired back in FEBRUARY. That tells you how much he was here if ppl are just now noticing he's gone. Guess why he was fired.

The no COA lady was told prior to her eviction on a criminal charge where her mail would be kept from now on, i.e. which post office was going to hold it.

Mr. "Gone", gone asked the manager out to dinner on several occasions, which makes me wonder about her wisdom in coming back from Bisbee at all.

I so wasted a skirt on this place.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                          Hm. When I did my change of address online I didn't have to pay anything.

Oh, and I got a $50 gift card for Home Depot, too.

Got my boyfriend a $75 bonus for opening a Bank of America account when I did his CoA online.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth TTAZ View Post
                            ..... VAST CONSPIRACY keeping her from her Cheese of the Month renewal paperwork.
                            I would just like to point out that I think you're being a bit unfair about this.

Cheese of the Month is a very important and relevant publication in the world's economy. You obviously have no idea just how significant it is as a journal for helping to relieve tensions in international politics, Third World Health, Environmental Sustainability breakthroughs, Japanese whaling... ummm.... Old Growth Forest logging..... ummmmmmm....... Other... sort of... important type ummm.......stuff......
                            When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

FWIW, I didn't do a CoA form when I moved from WI to NJ.

My Mommy and/or sister would send me the important stuff.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X