This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Sell Punching Bags?

This happened to me around Christmas time and well it wasn't so much an SC as a WTF moment. Since it was Christmas we had an inflatable carousel with like reindeer and stuff that goes in a front yard. I had just come to work so I was talking to my co-worker, we'll call her C, with my back to the carousel. C tells me there is a little girl punching the carousel, so I turn around and lo and behold there is indeed, a girl of about 10 or 11 punching it like it was some type of punching bag.
    C goes over and talks to her, asks her not to punch it because her mom would have to buy it if she breaks it,etc. Well the girl just gave C an evil glare and wanders over to a sale rack which has two balloons tied to it, and she proceeds to punch those balloons as hard as she can, her gaze never leaving C. C, who was pretty new at the time just kinda gave up and wandered back to the counter and asked out manager what to do about it, Our manager K decided to go talk to the girl who was now ravaging our cards section.
    K asks the girl not to mess up the cards because they take a long time to fix, but once again the girl says nothing, stares K down and continues to mess up the cards at an increased rate. The remainder of the time the girl was in the store, she punched a couple pinatas and tried to explode a water toy in her brothers face but still couldn't get over the fact she came into the store and just started walloping the carousel.
    The Girl Returns
    Not to my store but I was telling my friend B about this girl at school the next day, B works at the store next to mine, and her face got serious as she said
    "Was the girl wearing a white and black dress?"
    When I answered yes, she told me the girl came into her store and poured mango shampoo on 3 coach purses, one of the most expensive items in that store. I don't know what was wrong with the girl but seriously, what the hell.

Sounds to me like a little girl looking for someone, anyone, to set some boundaries in her life. Makes you wonder what her parents are like.
    Last edited by TryNotToBeThatOne; 04-17-2008, 05:19 PM. Reason: clarity
    I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
      Makes you wonder what her parents are like.
      And where the hell they were
      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Well I didn't see her mother at all until she tried to pop the water toy on her brother. Her mother was *GASP* shopping, completely ignoring her children.

Comment

Quoth GloboRojo View Post
          Well I didn't see her mother at all until she tried to pop the water toy on her brother. Her mother was *GASP* shopping, completely ignoring her children.
          I wonder if that mother and this mother should trade for a bit, Wife Swap-style.
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Even if they were good parents, they shouldn't have left a crazy kid like her alone, now it's time for them to open their wallets.
            Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

yes, that would be the time to take this 'precious angel' back to the office, page the parental unit and inform them that they have two options:

purchase the damaged goods at FULL price
              face criminal charges for vandalism

their choice, period. even if there is something 'off center' about the child, the parents are still obligated to ensure that child's welfare and behavior.

stop spawning, start parenting; it's not that hard, really; i promise you.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

On the same note as this lovely child, we had another young girl come in with her 'mother'. Her mother was picking out latex balloons for her balloon order while her brat who was old enough to know better(11+) was putting balloons in her mouth. Manager K goes over to the girl since the mother isn't going to do anything and it goes something like this:
                Manager- K
                Sucky Mother- SM

K: Hey hun, could you please not put your mouth on the balloons? other people may want to buy those and people have to inflate them.(girl hands balloon to K)
                SM: (Whips around) DON'T TELL MY CHILD WHAT TO DO
                K: Ma'am I was only asking her to please not put her mouth on the balloons other peo-
                SM:ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME HOW TO RAISE MY CHILD?!
                K: No Ma'am I-
                SM: I CAN RAISE MY OWN CHILD THANK YOU (Storms off)

Where do they come from?

Comment

Quoth GloboRojo View Post
                  K: Hey hun, could you please not put your mouth on the balloons? other people may want to buy those and people have to inflate them.(girl hands balloon to K)
                  SM: (Whips around) DON'T TELL MY CHILD WHAT TO DO
                  Me: Would you rather pay for the balloons that are now unsellable?

Comment

these parents are the people who never really understood. Maybe some never had a real parent maybe they were abused as children - as a general rule people tend to raise kids the way they were raised unless they despise their parents and then usally do the exact opposite.

Comment

In both cases the parents need to pay for those items that were damaged (purses and mouth-balloons).
                      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Oh and I forgot the best part of the purse story. My friends manager hand my friend a bottle of windex and some paper towels to go clean off the purses and where the purses were. Neither of which are something you would normally you windex for.

Comment

Working...
                        X