This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheren I Am The SC!

There is just something about dealing with the brain dead mouth breathers in Tier 1 at my high speed internet company that makes me morph into the nastiest of customers. Could it be that no one on Tier 1 has ever been right once in the 6 or 7 times I've had to call IPS? Tier 1 always tells me 'it's your wireless router' after demanding I do again what I originally did, reboot the router, reboot the modem, internet for dummies....

(my apologies to any Tier 1 people on the board, I hope it wasn't you I just exploded all over!)

and it's never my wireless router, it's always their crappy service or an outage in my area that they never tell me about until I'm breathing fire and been kicked up the Tier to Tier 2 or 3, when they tell me about problems in my area..GRRRRRRRRR..... and it was again this time..

So how many here actually also morph into SC when you receive what you know is horrid service?
    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

I'll post a link where I talk about my experiences with my ISP. And then I'll note that it doesn't ever get better.

Heck, I wanted to get a cable card and an hd set top box. I have to be at home tomorrow between 9 and 12 for that. And I expect to call them up at 12:15 asking where my tech is.

My opinion of my ISP is pretty damned low, and I hate calling them. I go through multiple people (3 or 4 per call) to get one answer. I have had them refuse to talk to me about my account that I signed the contract for because they merged my commercial account with my wife's residential (which we kept separate deliberately when we signed up), and did so without my permission.

I have to take extraordinary measures just to have my PVR record sci-fi channel (hence the hd set top box) because they encrypt the channel.

Gah. I'm getting revved up. Can not stand them. Going to go have some chocolate or something.

Comment

Thanks for posting that! Same sucky company, same sucky service! The great irony is that I stayed home to telecommute this morning since I was feeling under the weather so once my connection started crashing I was virtually cut off from doing any actual work, making my telecommuting day rendered moot.
      "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

We've actually got a 56k modem and a few dialup numbers on hand for when our internet goes out. Except that it's hardly been out in the year we've had it, so we haven't used the modem since the tech switched the internet to using the better of the pair coming in. That way, we're not completely dead in the water. Especially since nobody ever calls our land line.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yeah, I had a 30gb zune for a while. It came with a disc to load the program so you could add music to the zune, and occasionally i would get internet updates. well one day, my computer started refusing to do the updates and i could no longer do any sort of updates to my zune. which sucked cuz i had just bought a crap-ton of new cd's. so i called their help line, and the guy there seriously just told me over and over again to restart the zune. and i kept explaining, yes i've done that, i read the manual and did everything imagineable before calling you.
          ok ma'am, get on the internet...
          i don't have the internet..
          oh, well go to www.imaretard.com
          i don't have the internet...
          ok, let's try restarting your zune..
          i'm just taking it back to where i got it, thanks for repeating yourself and not listening...
          how would you rate your service today?
          *click*

sorry for the thread jack! it just makes me so angry!
          "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

IL –Me
            SR- service Rep.

IL: Hello, this is Imal’sheva. My internet connection is down. I have already restarted my computer, the modem and the router. Before we start, is there a problem in my area?

SR: No, the service is fine. I want to restart you computer.

IL: I already did that, I just told you that.

SR: Okay, I want you to go into the internet explore and go into tools.

IL: I am not erasing my cookies or my history. The connection has been working fine, and there is no reason to erase my entire history.

SR: Okay, I want you to unplug the modem . . . . (goes through the entire shpeil)

IL: (All though I have already done this, I go under the desk and do all the things that I have previously done, while he tries to troubleshoot and check my modem connection).

Nothing seems to help, then . . . .

SR: Oh, I see that service is down in yur area !!!!
            Last edited by imal'sheva; 04-18-2008, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X