This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son of ... Geoffrey and Bungle?

We are showing Son of Rambow, a film about a lad from a restrictive household whose first experience of video of any kind is a pirate copy of First Blood. With his friend, he takes part in a home movie in which he rescues Rambo.

But one customer last night asked for 'Son of Rainbow'. Which tickled me, because I imagined a film about a lad whose first experience of TV being Rainbow. And with his friend he took part in a home movie and rescues Geoffry, Bungle the bear, Zippy and George the pink hippopotamus.

Sorry to those of you non-Brits who probably won't get the reference.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Up above the streets and houses, rainbow climbing high...

Nostalgia street
    ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
      Sorry to those of you non-Brits who probably won't get the reference.
      Being a non-brit, I must inform you that I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. You can thank BBC America for that.

*snerk* Son of Rainbow....
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        Being a non-brit, I must inform you that I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. You can thank BBC America for that.
        God Bless BBC America.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Being a non-brit, I must inform you that I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.
          While I don't know specifics about it, thanks to that video floating around YouTube, with the line, "Now, we all need to grasp our twangers..."
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

*snerk* Son of Rainbow....
            Canada. We watched the Canada feeds.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Man... Rainbow. Grew up watching that, back in the day. Is it still around? I remember it in the 80s, but not beyond that.

Course "Son of Rainbow" conjures up deep-scratchy voice movie guy to me. Like, he came back for Revenge against Zippy after he killed Geoffery.

Comment

Working...
              X