This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Boss...the SC....

I am not really new here, but I am more of a lurker than a poster, as is evident by my post count, but this one was TOO good to pass up....enjoy!

The story goes like this.....

Last summer he bought a small grill to cook outside on. He put the small grill on his picnic table. I guess, according to him, it did not work very well, and the grill did not cook his hamburger really at all.

Well, instead of putting the fire out when he was done with it (it was a small, not very hot fire, hence the uncooked burger), he left it, thinking it would put itself out. About 3 hours later, he smells wood burning.

Yep...the picnic table is on fire. It was small, and he manages to get it out fine. He then goes back to the store and lets them know about it, apparently they immediately pull the grill off their shelves.

He then asked them "What about my picnic table?". They say they will have to talk to their main office. 3 weeks pass, he hears nothing, so he goes back, they remember the situation, and again tell him someone from the mail office will be in contact.

3 more weeks pass, he decides to email them and tell them he is not shopping at their store again until he hears from someone.

He hears nothing, and forgets about it.

Now that spring is here, he goes out back and sees the table, remembers the situation, and goes back to the store and utters the stupid award winning line:

"How does it feel? I have not shopped here in almost a year because you guys haven't done anything about my picnic table. I bet that loss is hurting you more than if you just compensated me."

There SO many things wrong with that line, but I will just take the most obvious.....NO THEY WERE NOT HURT BY YOU, ONE PERSON, NOT SHOPPING AT THEIR STORE. Get over yourself.

Apparently they scramble and offer him 1/2 the value of the table, which he told them was $300, so they give him $150.

I wanted to cry.
    Stupid Things

omg...too much wtfness in a day filled with wtfness.

his level of stupid is too high to comprehend.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Wow, someone is full of himself. Chances are, they had no idea who he even was.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

What kind of relationship do you have with your boss? Could you call him on his suck? I'm sure the grill packaging had some comment or warning about leaving unattended. And I'm sure he's also the one to disregard the warning label on an iron saying "Do not iron while wearing garments".
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

The only thing worse than your boss is the company, for giving in to him.

Disgusting, and a HUGE reason that SC's continue their reign of terror - they know they can.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I agree...

What kind of idiot leaves a cheap-o bbq burning on their picnic table unattended?

Wait... the kind that ends up on sites like this...

Comment

Why do SC's like that assume that the store cares if you shop there or not? Thousands of people shop at stores every day. Having a few people not shop at a store for whatever reason isn't going to ruin their profit margin.

Comment

And this is why there are warning lables on everything!!!!!!!!! I dont know about you all but I was taught at a young age fire=hot do not walk away from it unless its completely out. I really hope they dont pay for a table that he forgot about for a year!

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                  Having a few people not shop at a store for whatever reason isn't going to ruin their profit margin.
                  Not to hear upper management tell it.

Quoth iviles View Post
                  fire = hot
                  Sage advice. Seems rather intuitive, doesn't it? I guess not, though.
                  Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I'd eat the burger. So what if it's undercooked, I like undercooked.

besides, what he SHOULD HAVE DONE was TURN THE GRILL OFF. It's a cheapie grill, it's not going to last past the grilling season anyways! He could've saved himself his poor table if he'd not been a stupid moron about it. If the bloody burger was undercooked he should've left it on the stupid grill longer. Geeze.

And now I'm hungry and I don't have any burger-fixings.
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Personally, I think the best part of this story is the fact that the table was still sitting there a year later, for him to notice and remember that he burned it.
                      "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

whenever I grill, I make sure to keep an eye on it if I am going to be away from it for a little bit.
                        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Almost all table top grills have a warning stating. "Do Not Place on Wood Table" Or something to that affect. Along with, "Do Not Leave Unattended".

Stupid idiot shouldn't have gotten anything but a, "That why the warning labels say...."

Comment

A couple years ago there was story on our local news about on one idiot bought a small tale top grill. He lost or never recieved one of the legs for said grill. To stabilize the grill he put a full "camping size/plumber's torch" propane tank under one side a lit the grill. The mini propane tank exploded and took the other tank with it causing a small fire to erupt on the attach to the house wooden porch.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                              A couple years ago there was story on our local news about on one idiot bought a small tale top grill. He lost or never recieved one of the legs for said grill. To stabilize the grill he put a full "camping size/plumber's torch" propane tank under one side a lit the grill. The mini propane tank exploded and took the other tank with it causing a small fire to erupt on the attach to the house wooden porch.
                              Some days, the Boss and this guy make me amazed wester civ survived teh discovery of fire.

When the scout leader was using some sort of stove on the table at my last camp and left us a pretty scortch, she didn't try to blame us, just her own bad planning.

Comment

Working...
                              X