This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Darkwish View Post
    Ok, I'll admit, it IS eBay. I don't remember all the details of what it takes to create a new account - not my department.

I can't go into any details, but we do have tools that are good at finding people's other accounts. It is also spelled out quite clearly in the user agreement that if your account is suspended for any reason, you are not permitted to use eBay at all until the suspension is resolved.
    Well, right now, I know of about 4 active accounts that are owned by people whose previous accounts had been and still are suspended (none of them do I know personally). Of course, there was also the time last year when I got a seller in trouble for really obviously shilling his auctions. And then reported the new account he created, as well as the two new shill accounts. Of course, he has a new active account now, but has stopped with the shilling, which is the only reason I didn't report that one, too.

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
    Now would be a good time to ban his IP address.
    Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
    Banning the IP address....that's a GREAT idea! At least you can put a more permanent ban on that SC.
    A lot of ISPs use dynamic IPs. The IP you banned yesterday doesn't belong to the suspended eBayer today. Plus, there are about a dozen systems that I know of (and probably a lot more that I don't), both online and downloadable, that will disguise your IP and system from the world.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
    X