This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth junebug88 View Post
    That's fine and dandy, but if your parents had a car accident on the way to the ship and missed the sailing, would you hold the cruiseline responsible?

And yes, some insurance sucks, but every policy that I've checked out covers an emergency situation such as theirs. On top of that the cruiseline I work for backs up the insurance by offering a percentage credit if the guests gets denied by the insurance carrier. In 2007 the insurance carrier paid 90% of all claims. And while this will not help if the cruiseline goes under it helps a lot more common things.
    Um, actually, I think you misunderstood my . I was appalled that they didn't purchase the insurance.

And I would absolutely not blame the cruiseline if they had missed the cruise in ANY situation, since they didnt purchase the insurance.

Trust me when I tell you that I also get yelled at on a regular basis by people who dont purchase travel insurance for a package and have some sort of mishap. Not nearly as much as you I'm sure, but it does happen and I do sympathize.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I always purchased travel insurance, and this proved to be very good that I did that because on my first trip from Sydney to London I picked something up on the plane because not long after I arrived I became horribly sick which resulted in a hospital visit and medications. This all cost me over AU$400. I put it on my card and my wonderful parents paid those costs so that I could continue to enjoy my trip and not worry about having enough money, they also knew that as soon as I recouped the costs from the insurance company they would get it back. And that is exactly what happened. When I got back I made a claim and within I think a month I had most of my money back. After that I never ever travel without insurance. Even if it is a short stay in another country its just not worth the risk.
      Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

Working...
      X