Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might be a stupid question, but why don't ads say something along the lines of "Open until xx:xx, last order taken yy:yy (about half an hour before close)"?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth zigcat
      Seriously, sometimes when I manage, I'll flip the answering machine on 2 min to close.
      We don't have an answering machine, and if we did, and I did that, the owner wouldn't be happy.
      You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

Comment

Quoth Cthulhu View Post
        Lee Harvey Oswald?
        Nah, it was Kryten, Cat and Lister.
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          This might be a stupid question, but why don't ads say something along the lines of "Open until xx:xx, last order taken yy:yy (about half an hour before close)"?
          gino's is part of a corporation so we dont really set the hours and they tell us that we have to be open and take all orders up to the time we close. It's just an inconvenience for us closing folks.
          "You don't f*** with the people that handle your food!" -- Waiting

Comment

Quoth PapaAustin View Post
            gino's is part of a corporation so we dont really set the hours and they tell us that we have to be open and take all orders up to the time we close. It's just an inconvenience for us closing folks.
            Ah. I see.

I was just wondering, but then I realized something.

We all know what I mean.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Cthulhu View Post
              Lee Harvey Oswald?
              Actually, the physical evidence pretty conclusively proved he was either the fastest man alive at changing into and out of a three-piece suit, or not the shooter.

Comment

Quoth Difdi View Post
                Actually, the physical evidence pretty conclusively proved he was either the fastest man alive at changing into and out of a three-piece suit, or not the shooter.
                If you get a good look at all of the various information surrounding him and everybody else involved, it's quite an interesting picture. And, yeah, it points to that very conclusion as well.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I can't believe there's a person left in this world who still believes it was Oswald.
                  You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

Comment

Quoth BrightEyedKitty View Post
                    I can't believe there's a person left in this world who still believes it was Oswald.
                    Oh, come on. There are still people out there that believe the world is flat!

... and no, I only wish I were kidding...

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                    X