Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am super allergic to perfume and cologne. I get seriously crippling sinus headaches soon after smelling it.

I have nothing nice to say, so I'm gonna not post anything else.
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
      Evil Queen, I was about to suggest the dollar store cologne I've seen. They had some at Dollar Tree last time I was there.
      I can only imagine what those things smell like.
      BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD!!! Ew, yuck, gross, BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD!!!!!

*Chokes, gags, dies a horrifically dramatic death in the Health and Beauty isle and thumps to the floor*

*Is kicked by Manager C*

Ow, dammit, C!

Did I mention it was bad?
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        Something also to knowi is that some perfumes and colognes can and do go bad on someones skin.

Me I don't have a sense of smell. I can however 'taste' cooking and meat that has gone bad.
        My mother and aunt can't wear most perfumes because they turn sour on them. Like rotten lemons. They can wear Chanel No 5, and that's pretty much it. I, however, can't wear Chanel No 5, because it turns nasty on me, but more like rotten plums. However, I can wear really cheap stuff, so long as it's got a decent base.

As for smelling and tasting, they're actually closely related. I can taste when there's too much perfume in the air. And if you physically can't smell, your food will taste different than otherwise.

That's why, when you have a cold and your nose is stuffed up, your food tends to taste strange. That's also why people who quit smoking soon notice their food tastes better.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth FuzzyKitten99 View Post
          If you use too much of it, the kind of attack won't be a positive one. It wasn't Tag or Axe. It smelled like Old Spice that had been sitting in the bottle, opened and only half-gone, for 30 years... or some cheap dollar-store stuff.
          What's wrong with Old Spice? That's what I use...

Not the cologne, but I use their deodorant, and that "Hair and Body Wash" stuff. I love it.

Now i will admit, that when I first put the deodorant on that it IS a bit strong. (I've gotten comments... not bad ones, just that it's noticeable in confined areas, like a car). However, that goes away after like 5, maybe 10 minutes, and then it's jsut this nice, mellow, clean scent.
          <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Former CW used Old Spice. I usually think it smells like old men, but on him...yummy.
            "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds..."

Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance.

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
              Puuuuuuuurrrr! <3 Can I pounce on you and snuggle you a bit??

My boyfriend uses Old Spice. It makes me happy and generally makes me want to maul him and cover him in kisses. But he's out of town this week so....
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I like the smell of Old Spice.

I can't do anti-perspirants and they're nasty, anyway, so I'm stuck with men's deodorant since none of the stores around here carry the very few women's deodorant (without anti-perspirant) that are still made (and I've never gotten around to looking into mail ordering some actual women's deodorant only stuff). *sigh* For a while I was using Old Spice.

But there are some rather nice, neutral-smelling, sports deodorants out there that I've been using lately.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                  Something also to knowi is that some perfumes and colognes can and do go bad on someones skin. Me I can't wear anything like honey Suckle because it will smell like I met the wrong end of a skunk.
                  I had the opposite thing going with Red by Giorgio. I knew people that couldn't stand it normally, but loved it when I wore it. It turned spicy on me.

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
                  I like Old Spice, but it's more of a sentimental thing....my grandfather wore it.

I had a teacher in high school that must have gone through gallons of Polo. One semester that I had him, we had a split class (1/2 hour, lunch, 1/2 hour) and you could taste the Polo when we came back from lunch. Great teacher (I had hated History until then) but to this day I can't tolerate Polo.
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                    Puuuuuuuurrrr! <3 Can I pounce on you and snuggle you a bit??
                    I would not be opposed to that situation.
                    <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Customers wearing too much cologne?? LUXURY!!!
                      I have the opposite - customers (and the odd staff member) who haven't gone near a bottle of deoderant for 5 years. You just about have to put a 50 foot exclusion zone around them. And they are always the ones who want to get inside your personal space while you are serving them too. I feel like saying "look buddy, if you go up to the dollar store and buy a can of deoderant, when you come back I'll give you $100 discount"

Comment

Quoth Rivulatus View Post
                        And they are always the ones who want to get inside your personal space while you are serving them too.
                        I've noticed that the people at my work with the worst breath are always the ones that feel the need to lean close to me when they're giving me something to work on.

Blech.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                        X