This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I'm an ahole then

I got this gem today. The entrance to my back room is off to one side on one side is the register and the other side has the display cased for our baked goods. In between the two is a "passage" about three feet long and wide enough to get a pallet in. If a customer needs help the logical thing to do is to walk up the register where I can easily see them. We all know SC's don think so most walk down the "passage" and into my back room. I always have to shoo them out, they always claim they just want my attention. I tell them to stand a the register so I can see them. It is a safety hazard because we usually stack boxes, racks, and other stuff to one side of the passageway. Also health code related issues of customers being in the back, along with liability if they get hurt. Today i get this gem.

Me: *working in back about 5 ft. from entry to back room*
    SC: *walks into by backroom a good two to three feet, standing on dirty/slippery floor*
    Me: Sir, please step back onto the sales floor. *I "force him back bu walking behind him*
    SC: Why?
    Me: Sir, we have healthm saftey and legal liabalites if custoemrs are in our back rooms. If you need help please wait at the register.
    SC: You don't understand *THINKING: this is going to be good* If I need to get you attention I have to walk into you bake room. It is not my problem you can't pay attention to customers.
    Me: As i sad before, customers are not aloowd in back rooms if you need help wait at the registe where I can see you.
    SC: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Get me <product from freezer>

I turn to go to freezer and i hear SC say "Your're a asshole." I turn around he see that I heard him and walks off out of view. I then continue to get product and as I bring the box out, SC is standing by register and says "Get me my damn <product> now you retard." OK BUDDY, that's it i will take some abuse, Mr. I'm an old man respect me but you just crossed the line. Is set the box down, walk over to the phone, hit page "Mr. MOD please call ext. XXX for assistance." SC thinks he won. MOD calls I expalin situation MOD comes over.

MOD: Sir, can I help you.
    SC: Yes this kid was very rude to me. All I want is <product>
    MOD: Sir, I under stand than but you can not go in our backrooms. *MOD cont.'s to goive SC hell*
    SC: That;s what the kid told you, you have not proof. You can't do this to a customer
    MOD: It is all on video *points to camera*
    SC: ..........
    MOD: ........
    SC: I'm reporting you all for bad customer service and discrimination

With that he stomps off

We shall see if SC goes with his threat to complain that we told him to get out of out back rooms

What is with people??? If I wandered into a backroom by mistake because I was looking for assistance, my first instinct would be to apologise once it was pointed out to me, not throw a fit. And I don't see why people feel its necessary to call others names, either. *shakes head*

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
      SC: I'm reporting you all for bad customer service and discrimination

I wonder who else he'll report for discriminating against idiots?

Comment

He's ruder than rude to you, then claims you give "bad customer service and discrimination"?! Yeah, buddy, I guess we do discriminate against foul-mannered idiots. As ye give, so shall ye receive. Go back under that rock you crawled out from until you learn some manners and common sense!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'd just call him a liar to his face. The more you hurt his blood pressure, the more you win.
          Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

How can he get your store in trouble for "discrimination" when they employ a "retard"? Oh well--no logic can be applied to anything in that story. he breaks the rules and somehow *you're* the asshole? Pssh...

Comment

Quoth kerrikins View Post
              What is with people??? If I wandered into a backroom by mistake because I was looking for assistance, my first instinct would be to apologise once it was pointed out to me, not throw a fit. And I don't see why people feel its necessary to call others names, either. *shakes head*

I think some people really hate when they "are caught being dumb" & their reactions is to whine, cry, piss, moan,scream, be angry & overall claim the employee is evil. I have noticed it runs in my family to get angry for no reason other then someone was politely correcting them.
              When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Working...
              X