This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got served some clueless

I remembered this WTF earlier today. Right after high school, I was employed at a video rental store. One part of my job was working the floor, making sales and being a general help-elf. This older conservative-looking man comes up to me with a copy of "You Got Served" in his hand. For those not familiar, "You Got Served" is about dance-offs. Here is a pic that is similar to the DVD cover.

The man then asks me if it is a legal drama.

There was a beat or so of me just staring at him before I could think something other than "Are you really that clueless?!!?!!". I believe I said something along the lines of "No, it isn't. But I can probably help you pick out something that is."

Now, I could almost see it being a legal comedy. Break-dancing prosecutors and whatnot, serving subpoenas while beat-boxing. It would be kinda like that singing cop TV show. But drama???
    "I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me."
    "Free at last from my vegetable prison!"
    X-Strike Studios: Video game movies done RIGHT!

I can see it now; The cast of Law & Order break dancing!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Stabler. Benson. SEXY.

P.S. Bobby Goren, do me on that rainbow.
      "I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me."
      "Free at last from my vegetable prison!"
      X-Strike Studios: Video game movies done RIGHT!

Comment

You Got Served is just as much a legal thriller as Pulp Fiction examines the paper-making industry.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          You Got Served is just as much a legal thriller as Pulp Fiction examines the paper-making industry.
          "Paper, motherf*cker, DO YOU MAKE IT?!?!"

I kill me.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
          X