Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is the price take it or leave it!

A couple of Saturdays ago we were busy as usual. Our payroll get less and less each month. The Assistant Manager went on lunch and I was now the manager on duty. There were only two cashiers, one back up and myself. The back up was just trained and really should not be by herself on the register. One of the cashiers went on break and I had no choice but to get on a register. I told the back up to call me if she needs anything. About a minute later she needs a price check so I call the only other person on the floor and that is the person in the shoe department. We are not supposed to call the shoe people for anything but for shoes. If we call them they know we must be really desperate and help us out. The price check was for one bath towel.

Me......
    BU........New back-up cashier
    SC1......Sucky lady customer
    SC2......Sucky customers daughter

BU.....(walks over to me) I need a price for this towel.
    ME.....OK let me call the shoe person for you.

At this point the line is soooooooooo long and the only people on register is me and the person at the service desk. Of course the price check is holding up the line. Shoe person comes back with a clearance price of $5.50 and hands it to BU.

BU.....(walks back over to me) Excuse me but SC1 says that this is not the price as it is not the same towel.
    Me.....Well it is similiar and that is the price.
    BU.....(walks back over to me again) SC1 says no it is not.
    Me.....(I walked back to the register with BU) M'am this is the price for the towel.
    SC1.....This is not the same brand. I sent my daughter to get another towel with the price.
    SC2.....Here it should be this price.

She brought back antother towel that is also a different brand and is $4.50

Me.....M'am the price is going to be $5.50 because the first towel is the same size to the one you want to purchase and is a closer match.
    SC1.....But it is not the same quality and I want it for $4.50
    SC2.....Ya it should be $4.50

At this point the line is gettting longer and longer and now only one cashier is ringing as myslef and BU are dealing with this lady.

Me.....M'am my line is getting longer and the price is $5.50 it is up to you if you want to buy it or not.
    SC1.....But it should be $4.50 becasue the one you brought back for the price check is not the same brand.
    Me.....M'am the one your daughter brought back is not the same brand either and is smaller in size.
    SC2.....It should be $4.50
    Me.....I am not going to argue with you. The line is long and it is up to you if you want to buy the towel or not.
    SC1.....I WANT TO TALK TO YOUR MANAGER!
    Me.....That would be me.

I repeat about it being the price and go back to the register just as the other cashier is coming back from her break. I hear the lady yelling about complaining and get the number ready to hand her for the distrtict office.

SC1.....I want the name of your District Manager and the number!
    Me.....We actually don't have a DM at the moment but if you call this number they would be happy to help you.
    SC1.....WHAT IS YOUR NAME?!
    Me......My name is JLG points to name badge and spells it for her and turn back around to call the next customer in line.

When the assistant got back from lunch I told her what happened in case the lady calls. All complaints go to the distrtict secretary and she tries to resolve it first. The assistant e-mails the district secretary and says if the lady calls to complain to send her back and we will be more then happy to sell the towel to her for $4.50 The lady never called to complain but since when do SCs get to pick their own price.

When does ANYONE get to pick their own price? Contrary to what these stupid magazines are saying, haggling is NOT part of the American shopping experience for most items.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Working...
    X