This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Naaman View Post
    Worst accident I heard about was from a temp chef who used to be Army. 36 hours of maneuvers which for them consisted of Unpack, cook, pack, move, unpack etc...
    Dropped a spatula into the deep fryer and without thinking reached to 'catch it'.
    OWWW!!! That hurts just to think about!!!

Something similar happened at my soldering job. We had a "wave solder" machine which was basically a conveyor belt that ran boards through a pool of liquid (as in melted) solder. It looked pretty cool, like the boards were going through a bunch of mercury. Unfortunately, one guy (who was trained on the machine) wasn't paying attention one day and put his hand, palm down, on the liquid solder!!!

His hand was a mass of blisters quickly trying to become one giant blister! What I found absolutely, mind-numbingly stupid was that instead of getting the guy to the hospital asap, the manager was raiding the first aid kit to get some of the burn ointment like it was no big deal! And in case you were wondering, the manager knew how bad it was because the guy was standing right there and I told them both that he needed to go to the hospital, but neither one wanted to bother with the accident report forms!!!

Comment

Wuss

Quoth gerund View Post
      The women here would not know about this...

Never fry bacon without a shirt on.

That's all.

Just never do it.
      I have soldered electronics in the nude. Trust me, you quickly learn where the soldering iron and any solder that drips off is at any time.

I have handled peroxide rocket fuel without a shirt on, it is amazing how many little droplets are in the air after you pour from one container to another. And yes it stings.

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
        Worst accident I heard about was from a temp chef who used to be Army. 36 hours of maneuvers which for them consisted of Unpack, cook, pack, move, unpack etc...
        Dropped a spatula into the deep fryer and without thinking reached to 'catch it'.

huh! that's funny. I had a co-worker who was cleaning out a fryer. He was using the fry scoop to get the little crumbly crunchy crumbs off of the shelf in the fryer. (there is a raised shelf in the fryer close the the front panel of the fryer so you can tap the bottom of the fry basket to get excess oil off the fry basket before tipping the fries into the fry station for bagging.) He was scooping the crumblies into the fryer just before opening the valve to the filter. He accidentally dropped the scoop in the fryer and out of reflex reached in to get it out....all the way up to his wrist.

Can you say monkey finger fries!!!! OUCH!!! he immediately went to the hospital and was out for almost a month while his hand healed.

But enough about that!!! I want to hear more stories about frying things while shirtless!!!
        You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

Quoth Brightglaive View Post
          But enough about that!!! I want to hear more stories about frying things while shirtless!!!
          Heh... you don't really want to hear about them....

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
          X