This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Blink Blink* Pwnd (long)

Just a quick one for today as I've got to go back and think of some of the other really sucky ones I've had.

We had a gentleman come in to dispute his insurance premium. He demanded wanted it lowered. He stormed into my office as I was eating my lunch, half-ass apologized for interrupting my break, and sat down at the other side of my desk. I tell him I've got another appointment in 30 minutes, he's alright with that and says he won't be here that long. So I push my lunch aside and pull up his account and coverages.

I notice driving points on the wife's record. The wife has a HORRIBLE record. Speeding tickets galore and at least 4 at fault accidents.

He starts to argue with me about speeding tickets on his wife's record. I shoot him down and tell him that it all comes from the DMV and I can't do a thing about what is on her record.

SC: But I don't want to go there and argue the lines are too long. Can't you contact them for me and tell them they aren't valid?
    Me: No.
    SC: But I don't have the time to get down there!
    Me: You'll have to make time. I cannot change anything.
    SC: You can't even take off one ticket?
    Me: What part don't you understand? No.
    SC: *blink Blink*
    (Yes I said that, the guy had been in my office for a "quick" HOUR already, and had the appointment people waiting for me to finish. I had offered to reschedule, but they declined.)

Since I can't change her driving record he wants to look at the accidents on his wife's record and see when they are coming off. Fair enough.

Then he decides that her accidents are costing him too much and starts to argue. I tell him she has at LEAST 2 accidents that need to come off before there is a change in the premium. He starts telling me that I can't count one accident, even though the insurance company PAID out to it.

I point out that that accident is AT LEAST 2 years old, and any disputes he had with this claim should have been brought up already. He says, "Yeah, I wanted to get in here and talk about it but I've been busy." You haven't had any time in 2 years? Uh, you live down the block and my supervisor is here at 5 am daily!

He starts demanding that I take that accident off her record.

In her accident is that she was out getting smokes (during a Minnesota Ice storm). When she came to a stop light, she wasn't able to stop on the hill and slid into a parked car, almost totaling the other vehicle.

I explained to the guy that we paid out and that it was her fault since she didn't maintain control of the vehicle, even if she was out because it was an emergency.

After ANOTHER "quick" half hour of debating with me, he says, "It wasn't technically an accident..."
    I cut him off and say, "Oh, it wasn't? You mean she did it on purpose?"
    SC: *Blink Blink*
    Me picking up phone: There is NO coverage if damage is done intentionally. I'll call the adjuster and let him know and we'll send you a bill for the monies we paid out AND we'll notify the police for property destruction AND insurance fraud. Once this is sorted out by the adjusters and the police we'll make sure we have it corrected on our end.
    SC: *Blink Blink*
    Me:
    SC: No, I mean it wasn't intentional.
    Me: So it was an accident?
    SC: Yes.
    Me: Alright then. Anything else I can help you with today?
    SC: No.
    Me:

After he left I had to take the other appointment who'd been waiting an hour, then a walk in. By the time I got back to eating my lunch it was ruined.
    Last edited by Gothicsmurf; 05-07-2008, 08:36 PM.
    You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Good for you! Way to shut that guy up.
    I love your stories.

Quoth InsuranceGuru View Post
    Can't you contact them for me and tell them they aren't valid?
    But... they are valid.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I'd have kicked him out at the 30 minute mark. You told him you had an appointment in half an hour and he said he'd be quick.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        I'd have kicked him out at the 30 minute mark. You told him you had an appointment in half an hour and he said he'd be quick.

^-.-^

I wish I could've. Even after the receptionist came in and told me my appointment was there, he refused to move. He was Mr. Entitlement who was to busy for anything.

Funny how someone is too busy for years to take care of something, then spend the next couple of hours wasting time.
        You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Just be happy he didn't actually start swearing up and down that his wife "would never" speed or get in an accident.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Maybe its time dear wifey is taken off the road before she does more serious harm and start costing dear hubby lots more money and time.

Way to go, good way to pwn them.
            Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

Way to pwn that guy!

Although, if it had been me, I would have not have taken him and finished my lunch. I've been taken advantage of way too many times to let people cut into my lunch break.
              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

You are my hero.

Comment

Quoth InsuranceGuru View Post
                  I wish I could've. Even after the receptionist came in and told me my appointment was there, he refused to move. He was Mr. Entitlement who was to busy for anything.
                  Well.... you could have trespassed him.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

That happened to one of my bosses ONCE. Guy walked in without an appointment and just WOULD.NOT.LEAVE!!!!

When my boss had a meeting (that was supposed to be held in his office), I quickly phoned the VP's office (which was vacant, since she was on vacation), arranged to have the meeting down there, and whisked my boss out of his office, sending him downstairs. Guy goes, "I'll just wait"... I said fine, but he won't be back this afternoon. Guy actually sat there until I started turning off lights and locking up. He complained, and I said, "Well, you can actually MAKE an appointment to talk to him when he has some time free...."

GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

As much as I may love any future spouse, if she had that bad a driving record, she'd have a seperate policy and woud be paying for it herself!
                      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                      X