This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handing them their butt

Don't you love it when you can prove someone wrong?

Last year I was doing a job with a nice enough contractor, but he had a bit of an attitude about things. When we were setting the roof on this job the field superintendent called me at 7:15 AM asking why we had changed one area from lightweight material to regular. I told him that his Project Manager approved it because we were going to be there anyway.

(A little back ground. Our pieces are very heavy and need a crane to set. When roofs are done on stair towers or elevator shafts we provide lightweight material so the Contractor can set it themselves. They don't have the walls up to accomodate and its too expensive to come in and do that small an area. This job we were there for another reason with a crane, so we provided our regualr material).

The PM then called me yelling that I changed this on my own. Our conversation is as follows.

PM - Matt what the hell did you send this stuff for
    Me - B, you approved this.
    PM - I did not.
    Me - Yes you did. I sent you an e-mail asking about it.
    PM - That was about the elevator
    Me - And this. I wouldn't arbitrailly change something without clearing it.
    PM - You f*cking people
    Me - B, I guarantee I can find the e-mail where you approved this.

I hung up at this point. I then found the e-mail and re-sent to him. He called back.

PM - (meekly) Matt what should I do.
    Me - Frankly B, I don't care. That's not my job. You'll have to wait till 8:30 and talk to (my boss).

Can you tell I can say almost what I want to our customers? Our motto is
    "If you want to work with us great, if not, pound sand" Not really, but it should be.
Working...
X