This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I said NO. Why are you here?!

I took a call today from this guy asking if we carried either a Garmin 670 or Garmin 770 GPS system. I told him no, we do not. We only carry the 200, 200W, and 260 from Garmin.

SC: So you don't have those?

Me: No, sir.

SC: OK *click*

Not half an hour later, the Customer Service Lead came over and told me there was a guy in the GPS section who needed help.

CSL: He's looking for either the Garmin 670 or 770.

And I just knew it had to be the same guy.

(By the way, I was slightly irked that the CSL didn't take care of this guy himself. He used to work in my department and knows full well what GPS models we do and do not have. I think when they "promoted" him he became a blithering idiot).

Me; What can I help you find, sir?

SC: Yeah do you have the Garmin 670 or Garmin 770?

Yep. Same guy. I recognized his voice.

What I wanted to say: Sir, we just talked about this over the phone not 30 minutes ago. I DO NOT carry those models. I told you that TWICE. Why are you in here asking me again? Did you think the answer would miraculously change? PLus, you can SEE right before you what models we carry. Do you see a 670 or 770 there? Didn't think so. I'll be over there is you need anything else.

Me: No sir, we don't carry those models. We MAY have them on our website, but we don't have them in the store. I could check if you-

SC: Check.

*heads over to online kiosk*

SC: Oh, you mean check online?

(No, I meant check at the Replicator....)

Me: Yes

As it happened, we did have the 770 online, for $799.98

SC: Oh, I can get that for $200 less at Amazon.

SC: Bye.

Seriously, did I stutter? I said NO. If oyu don't like that answer, that's YOUR problem. Coming in the store and asking me in person will not change anything.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    Seriously, did I stutter? I said NO. If oyu don't like that answer, that's YOUR problem. Coming in the store and asking me in person will not change anything.
    Because he can't be sure you checked 'out back' over the phone
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

You know how it is, they expect that stores are magical.

But my question is, wtf... if he can buy it on Amazon, why didn't he?
      MMO Addicts group

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
        SC: Oh, I can get that for $200 less at Amazon.
        Why the hell does it makes me so SAD that he's actually right? I just checked, it's on offer at $579 over at amazon. :'( I wanted him to be wrong so badly.
        I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Every time someone says "It's $<number> less at <store name>," I want to tell them to get over there instead of wasting my time.
          Op.125

Comment

Hey... give him a break... you could have had one come in in that last 30 mins... worth a try.... isn't it...??? .... no??? ok.

At nights, there is usually just the 3 of us on, and we sit in a fairly close proximity (even when there's more, most are bundled up close to each other... for the heat, you know). Which means, when someone rings for something and they can't get it, we can tell the others. Great when they ring back 2...3....4 times

Personally Dave, if it had've been me, I would have said "Well, as I told you 30 mins ago on the phone..." - but then, I'm getting over this job and less inclined to take customers shit any more
            When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
              You know how it is, they expect that stores are magical.

But my question is, wtf... if he can buy it on Amazon, why didn't he?
              But if he bought it from Amazon he'd have to WAAAAAIIIIITTTTTTttttttttttt!!!

And if it's at the store he'd have it NOWWWWWWWW!

See?

Of course it helps if you stop seeing "Grownups" and start seeing "Whiny Five-Year Olds."
              I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
                Why the hell does it makes me so SAD that he's actually right? I just checked, it's on offer at $579 over at amazon. :'( I wanted him to be wrong so badly.
                I found it at 375 at a different online store.
                MMO Addicts group

Comment

Quoth Format C View Post
                  Every time someone says "It's $<number> less at <store name>," I want to tell them to get over there instead of wasting my time.

I always did, though I didn't add the wasting my time part.

Comment

I have a Garmin 670, it's awesome!

Comment

While you're at the relpicator, I'll have a Raktajino!
                      Check out my cosplay social group!
                      http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Question?

Quoth Bliss View Post
                        What service contacts? What warranty support?

E-Bay is cheaper, but there is a reason people can sell cheaper than stores, and often it is because they don't supply local support services. If he drops that GPS over the side of the canoe and recovers it, watch how he screams when he see the bill from the local repair center.

When I worked at the computer store we would often give a break on the bill of a frequent customer or one we personally knew was a little hard up for money. Strangers of-course were all too likely to be trying to scam us, or maybe that $75,000 car parked in-front of our store front told us they were busy living beyond their means - whatever - FULL PRICE!

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
                          While you're at the relpicator, I'll have a Raktajino!
                          Sorry. Replicator systems are offline at the request of Stellar Cartography.
                          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post

(No, I meant check at the Replicator....)
                            That was giggle-tastic!
                            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                            X