This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little impatient, are we?

This morning kinda sucked because for some reason they didn't schedule someone at 9am, so there was only me, the one shelver, the manager, and the receiving manager (who isn't on the floor, so doesn't really count) until 11 (we have one person scheduled at 11 and one guy scheduled at 10 who never gets in until 11). So my manager was basically the manager, the backup cashier, and the customer service desk person. It was swell. So around 10 I hear the shelver page for assistance to customer service. Guess it got busy back there. Less than a minute later this lady comes up to me up front at the cash registers.

SC: Is there someone who can help me in the Children's department?
    Me: I'm sorry, ma'am, I can't help you here. You'll have to go back to Customer Service and someone there can help you. I think he's with someone at the moment, but he'll be with you shortly.
    SC: Yes, he just paged someone back there.
    Me: (?!? Then why didn't you STAY there? If someone calls for additional assistance to CUSTOMER SERVICE, then you want to stay at CUSTOMER SERVICE for assistance! Why go up front and bother the cashier who can't leave so can't help you!?!)

I asked the lady when she came back to check out if she'd gotten help, and she said yes, the shelver had eventually come back and helped her. I asked my manager about it later, she said she had come out right after the page went over, and that the shelver was helping someone but both she AND the receiving manager had both come out to help and there was no one there. So if she'd waited like 5 seconds, she'd have had all the help she could've wanted. Instead she came up and asked me, then went back to the kid's department alone, and only got help when the shelver eventually went back there.
    Any fool can criticize, comdemn, and complain—and most do. ~ Dale Carnegie

Sarah: That's not fair!
    Jareth: You say that so often. I wonder what your basis for comparison is...

Well, sounds like she got exactly what she deserved. Not that she realizes this, but one step at a time.

Sometimes, usually when I'm in a good mood, I like to give my customers the benefit of the doubt: They're doing pretty well considering they are blissfully unaware that there are people in this universe besides themselves.
    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Working...
    X