This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simm-a Don-na

So, I called this little old lady to tell her what time her service will be out and it was a tiny disaster.

ME: Overpaid for this particular role
    OL: Old Lady who probably doesn't get out much

ME: This is FOJK from ****** dispatch...{cut off}

OL: Yes, I need my car jumpstarted.

ME: Yes, I was calling to tell yo...

OL: Now, do they know what garage to go to because the last time they came, they went to the wrong garage. I'm on the 6th floor...{I cut her off - I don't play this game - if you start by cutting me off - you have set the stage}

ME: Yes, we have the location. We will...

OL: {steals the ball back - quick for a little old lady} If I go downstairs now, I won't be able to hear my phone ring because I live on the 6th floor and the car is in the basement. Do they know what garage to go to?

ME: We have #606, they wil...

OL: Yes, that's right, but they went to the wrong one last time! If I go down there now, I won't hear them call. Are they going to call? The last time, they went to the wrong garage, I live on the ....

ME: {give me that ball, granny!} Ma'am, we have a note here to call you when the driver is ten minutes away. We wil...

OL: They got it wrong last time! Are they going to call? I live on...

ME: Yes, you live on the sixth floor. Yes, there is a note in the call and they will call you before they get there...

OL: I live on the {oh. my. god.} 6th floor, they have to go around...{that's it, the ball is mine now!}

ME: Ma'am, I'm not the driver. The driver will call you when he is about ten minutes away. You can give him all the information you feel he needs when he calls.

OL: So, I shouldn't go downstairs now? I should wait by my phone because if I....

ME: Ma'am, please wait by your phone for the call. He should be there between now and 10am. Thank you.

"I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

You need to have a lot of patience to deal with the elderly. Oftentimes they are paranoid that everyone is out to rip them off (which sadly, sometimes is true). Just go with the old saying "Humor an old lady" and just keep trying to convince them that everything will be ok and is on schedule.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Yeah, I try to keep that in mind, but this particular lady would not allow me to take that route. I would've told her that we have it under control and that we will call her - but she cut me off so many times, I just had to get firm with her and "take control" of the conversation as best I could or else she would've rambled on with all sorts of information that is pretty useless to me.
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I don't know how some of you folks take it. I'd go nuts.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

So what floor does she live on?

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post

va...ha..ha..ha.ha 6! The 6th Floor!
            Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

You know, beofre I started taking calls here iI used to laugh at these posts.......now I feel your pain, at least 20 times a day.
              My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                I'd like a cream pie right about now! I hear that they taste better when your face is smeared in one! DOH!

Comment

Working...
                X