This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid SC Thinks it's OK to Cut the Line

I was downstairs in Books with a co-worker, Gerald. We were quite busy and had a medium sized line. Gerald was serving someone and so was I. I get done with a transaction, and go to serve the next customer in line when this old biddy comes up to the counter and asks Gerald if he is serving. He says "yes, but I am serving this customer (indicates the customer he is serving). So, right before the next customer in line goes to hand me her books to pay for, the old biddy cuts in front of her and says to me "Can I have a $10 Book Voucher"?

Conversation goes as follows:

OB- old biddy
    NC- next customer

NC- "Excuse me, but I was next in the queue"
    OB- "I only need a Book Voucher" (then says to me) "Can I have a Book Voucher please"?
    NC- "Excuse me, I have been waiting here to pay for my books and I was next, you have to go to the back of the queue"
    OB- "Yeah, I know, but the queue is so long upstairs and I was waiting up there for about 10 minutes"
    NC- "Ok, just go ahead"

So, I take her before the customer who was waiting in line.This pissed me off. I am sorry, but just cause there is a big queue upstairs and you can't be bothered to wait, it does not mean you can come downstairs and cut in front of everyone. I would have NOT let her cut in front of me. NO NO NO!

Biatch!
    "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

I would've just to get her out of there. But I agree, it's unfair for someone just to decide not to wait any longer and cut in a different line.
    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

If a customer did that in MY line, I'd be more than happy to give her our store's phone number so next time she can make arrangements beforehand so that she doesn't HAVE to wait in line. Oh, and by the way, there is no longer a "this time". Have a nice day.
      "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
      -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

i agree; we get that with people wanting 'just a water' and nothing else. yes, i know it only takes a few seconds, but:

1) it's a freebie and not a priority over a PAYING customer
        2) it will be done in the order it was received, meaning, yes you will wait in line and if you come over to me while i'm making drinks, i will tell you to get in said line, regardless of length or time involved.

wait your damned turn or just leave!
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
          wait your damned turn or just leave!
          these are values that should have been instilled in people by the age of 10, I find it funny how so many people think that we're the superior race on the planet yet they can't get simple concepts like this
          "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

I would have her get in back of the line, but hey, that is me. Do what works for you
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I never would have taken her. I tell people to wait if it is not their turn. Why should they be rewarded for being impatient? I made a scene as to where I told this guy to wait his turn and he got really mad but I felt better knowing I didn't let some jerk walk on me. Stupid people piss me off.

Comment

Now, I've had people offer to let me go ahead of them in line, if they have a major cartful and I have a case of Dr Pepper and some noodles, and I'll go because it takes me literally thirty seconds to get done. But I would never even ASK, let alone just assume that someone's gonna let me go ahead of them. And if they try to without at least asking nice first, they're going to get a major smackdown. I don't care how much of a hurry I'm in, I always have time for a long, drawn-out argument with a mo-ran.
                "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

I think budgers should have to ask everyone, not just the the first person, in line if it's OK to cut, starting at the back. They can get behind the first person, starting from the back, who says "no."

But I know that's not likely or practical...
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Line cutters and "dead like me"

Anyone who ever saw the series "Dead Like Me" may have seen this, and since I saw it it is now the line I use when I see people cutting in line, or doing stupid stuff(like a cartload of stuff in the express lane). When I am behind someone who lets a friend in with them so they can chat.

"Hello, are you two friends?"

Continued here, unless they are someone just being a SC who has a cart of junk in the express checkout when someone behind them has one item.

"Pardon me, am I an asshole? Is everyone here an asshole? No? So it's just you then."

Bill Engvall has it right.
                    I did not sell my soul to Satan. He does have a long term lease with the option to buy.

Comment

I had this happen to me this past weekend when I was at a local fair. I was in line waiting to get some food, and this guy a little ways away was bragging telling his friends watch how cool he was going to be. He walked right to the front of the booth and when they said next he just jumped right in. It being my turn, I just walked up and deliberately stood in front of him, probably invaded his personal space a bit in retrospect. The person at the booth just smiled at me and ignored the SC. It was an immense feeling of satisfaction.

Comment

If I am somewhere, and I have a lot of stuff, and I see someone with one or two items, I will almost always let them go ahead of me. Unless they're rude or assume that it is their right to do so, in which case they are SOL.

Conversely, if I have one or two items and am in line behind someone with a cartload, I never ask to go ahead, but will gladly accept an invitation to do so, and will thank them for their courtesy, but will never ASSUME that I have the right to do so.

I may be a Jester, but I ain't a rude Fool!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

The only exception....

The only exception for me would be information. I pride myself on my ability to multitask to the extreme, so as long as I don't have to stop what I'm doing to help out, I'm happy to.

If I find myself having to stop what I'm doing to concentrate on answering a non-customer's question, though, then he's just got to wait until I'm done.
                          "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                          -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

I'm usually happy to tell people where to find something while I'm typing something else in for someone else, but if they talk over the top of me or start yacking at me while it's painfully obvious that I'm on the phone, fuggetaboudit.

I had one "gentleman" (I use the term loosely) that pretty much elbowed aside a woman that I was talking to to ask me how to get into the restroom! I looked at him sweetly and told him that I'd be happy to help him as soon as I was finished with my current customer, who seemed happy that I wasn't going to let that sort of rudeness fly.

He motored off to find someone else, thank goodness. Just as well, because this woman had a prescription that I was having a lovely time tracking down (her mom gave the md's office the wrong pharmacy's phone #, and the other pharmacy hadn't typed it in yet...sigh...)

Comment

There was this old asian woman who also thought lines were non-existant. Okay, we were slammed, I mean the line to the cage was looping around the corner. It was bad. We were short staffed (Because some people didn't show up!) and it seemed like every customer was just in a bad mood.
                              Well, this little old lady ignores the whole line and marches up to my co-workers window holding out a hundred and wanted twenties. Well my co-worker calmly told her she had to wait in line. The lady smiled and walked over to where the line was and just walked passed everybody through the line to the front of the line! All of us were going OMG!
                              So this other customer I guess spoke the same language and started talking to her and trying to explain things. The woman came to my window with the line-ignorer. I thought maybe she was her mother or something.
                              Me: Is she with you?
                              Woman: No. She doesn't understand.
                              By this time I am receiving death glares from everybody else in line. I didn't want twenty people pissed at me because someone can't figure out a damn line. So I helped the (translater) woman who told me the old woman doesn't understand and when the old lady is in my window I tell her:
                              Me: You HAVE to wait in the line. These people are here before you.
                              And I slowly point at the line and the people. She smiled and just went to another cashier who finally just cashed her out to get her to go away.

She came back later got in line just fine (thought it was shorter--only had like two people in it) and seemed to know what she was doing. Hmm...

Comment

Working...
                              X