This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Summer Attire???

Okay this is my first post....So here it is.... I have worked in retail for nearly ten years and have dealt with all kinds. Today however was sadly no exception. I work at a well known thrift store and we are having a summer sale... All SUMMER clothes are $1.00! So in walks a somewhat snoody derranged woman who after about ten minutes of shopping brings forth a LONGSLEEVED PANT SUIT and asks is this apart of the summer sale. A little surpised i respond "Uh no ma'am that is not". With extreme attitude she replies well WHY NOT....okay well first and foremost it is a long sleeve (not summer attire) and secondly it is a suit (mind you a pant suit at that). She somehow cannot grasp that this SUIT is not summer wear and agains repeats with attitude of course "WHY NOT"! Finally after about 5 minutes of this I say Ma'am would you wear that in the dead of July? Enough Said!

Maybe in Alaska!

Comment

I usually wear long pants 'round-year. Though I think if I willingly wore that in summer for kicks, I'd probably kill myself. (I'm not fond of suits period. Even my work uniform, which is relatively casual and comfortable comes off pretty quick when I get home)
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth CanadaGirl View Post
        Maybe in Alaska!

-=facepalm=- I was about to point out that the last time I was in Alaska that time of year it was actually quite warm. Enough so to the point that I had to go out and buy a pair of shorts. Then I noticed your user name and realized that my travel weather had likely been unusual and I should just count my blessings that I had pretty weather for my trip this summer.

I'll go to class now...

Comment

Kind of OT and kind of On T: Not casual Friday or summer attire appropriate for the workplace:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...ay_latesha.jpg
          Last edited by friendofjimmyk; 09-14-2006, 05:06 PM.
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
            Kind of OT and kind of On T: Not casual Friday or summer attire appropriate for the workplace:

AGH! EYES! *runs for the chemical shower*

Now, truth be told, I'm a little humid Southern girl and I like it WARM*. I do well around 90 degrees. When the temperature gets to the lower 70's, I want my long sleeves. But I still KNOW for most people, summer stuff is shorts and t-shirts, not pants and a sweatshirt.

*However, the parentals are both Northern transplants and the sister is a warm-blooded type. So they leave on the air conditioner when it's 50 outside!
            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post

Good Grief, didn't I see her on Jerry a while back?

Pass that brain bleach
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
              X