X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd Love to Get Back to You, But...

Right before my afternoon break I got this email:

>We cannot find serial# (moved facilities), our [product name] CD may be registered,
    >however withou serial #, we cannot access for upgrades to [latest version]. Please
    >advise.
    >Thank you.

Since she neglected to register her serial number [I looked, nothing under her name] AND she doesn't know what her serial number is, I have no way to find out which one of the hundreds of unregistered serial numbers is hers. [Yes. Many customers are genuinely suprised that we don't know what they haven't told us.]

I'd have been happy to pass that information along and give her some pointers for places to look for her serial number, except she used the web form to write to us and didn't provide her email address. She must have worked hard at that too. It's a required field.

Last edited by Dips; 09-14-2006, 07:50 PM.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

I had something similar to this happen last week.

We had a customer order furniture and gave us her number and zipcode, which were in the same area.

It turns out that she:

A) Gave us the wrong zip code, so we couldn't find the address
    B) Gave us a non working number so we couldn't call her when we found out about problem A.

So guess who calls the day of delivery, extremely pissed off that she didn't ge her couch?

Manager flat out put the blame on her shoulders. She cancelled, but was hit with a $150 penalty fee for restocking.

Seriously people. We need phone numbers. If you have to change your number or move, you need to call and let us know!
    "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

I HATE HATE HATE when ppl put in "fake" email addresses in the required field. First of all, I ONLY do emails. I do NOT call ppl. Put your own damn email address in the required field so I can write you back, idiot. The fake emails look like: noemail@noemail.com or donthaveone@donthaveone.com. WTF???
      The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

i use fake emails when its something that i do not need to be emailed for, like registering for a site im only going to use once or something, i dont get doing it when you need to be emailed it and know it

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
          I HATE HATE HATE when ppl put in "fake" email addresses in the required field. First of all, I ONLY do emails. I do NOT call ppl. Put your own damn email address in the required field so I can write you back, idiot. The fake emails look like: noemail@noemail.com or donthaveone@donthaveone.com. WTF???
          We have a system where people can register their software and receive an activation code back by email. The registration info is placed in a text form and emailed to a real person (me) who enters it into the database. You can make up any fake name or address you want and you don't have to provide a phone number. But if you use a fake email address, you're not going to get an activation code emailed back to you.

Every week I will see a registration with a fake email address followed ten minutes later by a registration for the same serial number with a real email address. I can almost hear the customer's "D'oh!" between the first and second registrations.

About once a month, though, I'll get a series of registrations where they try every permutation of the form EXCEPT using a valid email address. The record is ten attempts. I can only shake my head at how frustrated that person must have been, because I certainly can't email them and give them a nudge in the right direction and I can't call them at their fake or absent phone number.

If they are worried about spam (and we don't blame them), they could just get a free account and use it only for things like this which need a reply. There's no need to give us their personal email address if they don't want to.
          Last edited by Dips; 09-15-2006, 02:20 PM. Reason: spelling
          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Ryu View Post
            i use fake emails when its something that i do not need to be emailed for, like registering for a site im only going to use once or something, i dont get doing it when you need to be emailed it and know it
            I have to deal with accounts on here where people have used non-existant email addresses. A touch annoying, but with the amount of spam around these days, I guess I can't blame people. The problem is that they just cannot register - need to have a valid email on the form for that.

*sigh*

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
              Seriously people. We need phone numbers. If you have to change your number or move, you need to call and let us know!
              You mean to tell me you didn't get the memo, you are supposed to be able to read there minds.
              Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Quoth Crazyredhead View Post
                You mean to tell me you didn't get the memo, you are supposed to be able to read there minds.
                My ESP only has a radius of 50 miles, and is unable to travel through lead.
                "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Ah, lead. The prime constituent of an SC's thought processes.

Foiled again!

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                  X