Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: What is the phrase you hear from customers the most?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me it would be "You changed things around!" referring to our remodeled look.

Everyday I'm tempted to fib "No we didn't. It's been like this ever since I started working here 3 months ago."

As for poll choices, the best pick would be "why are you out of stock?" Or any variation of it. We're out because we're a high volume store, crossdock is slow about sending us stuff we need and only have 4 stockers. {Two openers, one midshifter and one closer. Feel free to take an application since you sound like you want to help us out } Or... because you didn't come in early enough to buy one, thus we are sold out.

Comment

how about wheres the bafroom
      The Pens 2009 Stanley Cup Champs

Listen to some Steely Dan Tonight its good for Ya

Il Son Patie

Comment

"How are WE going to fix this?"

We are a service center for a cellular carrier, and we hear this almost every friggin' day. Generally by folks who have done something horrid to their phone to the point to where we can't do jack to fix it, and we cannot replace it because they did something that voided their warranty, like threw it in a pool or ran it over with a steam roller.
        I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

"They should train their people better."

"When will this be on sale?"
          Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

Comment

"Why can't I park here?!" When people try to get into VIP.

"I'm suite." Customer thinks he's trying to be funny by making an overused pun

"$10!?!?!? Why do I have to pay that?!?!"
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

For me, it would be "You look bored." ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!

I voted for "Ill never shop at this store again!" cuz I've heard that so many times, and every time I wished they really meant it... only to be disappointed.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

The one I get all the time that really makes me want to wring the customer's neck, is:

Me: Would you like help out to your car today?
                SC: Sure, I bet you'd like a break from being in here all the time, huh?

I'm sorry, loading things into your car for you when you can do it yourself/listening to you yammer on loudly about shit that doesn't matter/taking back your cart because you parked a mile away/leaving my air-conditioned store for the hot parking lot does NOT constitute a break for me.

I also get "No...unless you want to?" Oh yes. I'd love to be your lackey. That sounds great.
                Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

For me, it is "free drinks today, right?"

These are generally the people the get the Patented Jester Punishment: straight, warm tequila.

Now sit down, shut up, drink your punishment, and pay for your damn drinks, smart guy!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

UGH! BLECH! Straight warm tequila...I don't even drink anymore, but that is just awful! God awful!
                    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I chose the "out of this" option, because when I go in to work today (my first day back from vacation), I just KNOW people will be stopping me to ask why there isn't any spinach. (Yeah, they can't read, and their only journeys into the outside world is to go to the grocery store that I work at...)
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                        UGH! BLECH! Straight warm tequila...I don't even drink anymore, but that is just awful! God awful!
                        Which is precisely WHY that is the Patented Jester Punishment. Yes, I really do do this.

It is astounding how quickly attitudes change once people are forced to either drink a straight shot of tequila or have one in front of them and are being told to drink it.

Damn, the stuff is better than a cattle prod!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Without a doubt, the one I hear the most, usually several times a day is:

"Are you open?"

(Yes, I frequently run a cash register)

My reply on occasion: "Why else would I be standing behind this register?"
                          The customer is always right until I decide he isn't.

Comment

well, gosh...darn it to heck...how are ya?

"you look lonely?" (maybe disappointed...not lonely)
                            "you must be bored." (not really)
                            "you're crushing my food!" (nope, the automatic conveyor you wanted left in the ON position is doing that...thank you for your patronage...buh, bye )
                            HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

Comment

Working...
                            X