This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Philosophy of Sucky Customers

Yesterday I was contacted by an SC who I had sold a washing machine to. She was not happy because the machine beeps at the end of it's cycle and beeps every 4 minutes until something is done about it.

It gets better.

She did not mind the beeping while she was at home as it reminds her to empty her washing machine, but she does not want it to beep while there is noboby home.

Hence the philosophical question...

"If a washing machine beeps in a laundry, and no-one is there to hear it, does it make a noise?"

Feel free to add your own questions....or answers
    Sorry, but a failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!

Oh man.

Send someone over to smack it around with a hammer (the machine or the lady, your choice), and then tell her that it's fixed and won't beep anymore when no one is at home to hear it. Even if she doesn't believe you, at least you got to hit stuff with a hammer.
    "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

If a SC has no real sense of mind...Who cares?
      "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Just tell her it only beeps if someones in the house.
        Say its all done using 'the internet'.
        "don't go to the neighbors,that's just what the fire expects you to do"-phillippbo
        "Please do not look into laser with remaining eyeball."
        Support bacteria.They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

I'm wondering if maybe she got a complaint from a neighbor. Being that she is a not so bright SC, she is also a not so bright SN (sucky neighbor). Maybe she is leaving the washer sit all day while she is at work beeping away to the annoyance of neighbors.
          The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
            I'm wondering if maybe she got a complaint from a neighbor. Being that she is a not so bright SC, she is also a not so bright SN (sucky neighbor). Maybe she is leaving the washer sit all day while she is at work beeping away to the annoyance of neighbors.
            That would be my guess. But I've never used a washer/dryer that buzzed so loud that it would be an annoyance to neighbors. Maybe she lives in a tiny apartment building with paper thin walls.

Comment

Stupid question on my part...but don't most if not all of the newer machines now have an option to turn the end of cycle alarm off? I know the last three machines I had did (one for the three places I've lived in recently)

Mongo
              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

That's what I was thinking, there is some kind of power switch to turn the noise off.

But come to think of it, the dryers I had with that switch - it was a big knob or button clearly marked for On or Off...plus, all dryers only have so many knobs and buttons...?????
                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                X