This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh...so you're dead?

Our company has a rate called "the advanced purchase rate". You can book it online or through the 800 number. It's generally the lowest rate available and, when booking online, it is in BOLD RED LETTERS that it is NON CANCELLABLE, NON REFUNDABLE. It also states that they will charge your card for the entire stay anywhere from time of booking to arrival (Hence the ADVANCED PURCHASE RATE). The terms of this reservation are VERY VERY VERY clearly stated. Basically, if you book this reservation online and try to cancel it, you get no sympathy from me. Furthermore, only the hotel's manager can make the decision not to charge you for cancellation (the joys of having each hotel franchised..) and unless it's an extenuating circumstance???? no, I will not contact the hotel on your behalf (it's policy).

So this was an escalated call yesterday.

SC: Yes, I booked this reservation online and I want to cancel it and now I'm being told I can't?

Me: Unfortunately, sir, you did happen to book the advanced purchase rate reservation. The terms of this reservation are listed in bright red letters and are [psted several times throughout the booking process. You also have to check a box stating you agree to the terms....our office can not cancel this reservation without penalty.

SC: But my plans have changed!!!! This is ridiculous! I never have HEARD of such a thing!!!!! Is Holiday Inn that hard up for money that they can't waive $200.00??

Me: Sir, the hotel's financial status has nothing to do with this. You are simply being held responsible for what you booked online...

SC: But my plans have changed!! I would never have booked this reservation if I knew it was non-refundable...I knew my plans could have changed.

Me: Sir, again, I apologize but unfortunately we can not cancel this reservation without penalty... (as you've been told by THREE different people now) What I CAN do is move the dates for you....will you be back in the area?

SC: NO!!!!! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!! THINGS HAVE CHANGED!!!!

Me: Sir, again...we can not cancel without penalty..

SC: Well what if I had an emergency? What then?

Me: Well, if there were extenuating circumstances, I could request from the hotel they consider cancelling without penalty...however..

SC: Like death?

Me: Yes...if there was an immediate death in the family, we could request that from the hotel but..

SC: Fine. I had a death, Cancel the reservation.

Me: Sir....you stated at the beginning of the call that your plans had changed...

SC: Well life is fragile...there's been a death...cancel my reservation

Me: Again, sir, we can not cancel without penalty. I would reccomend you contact the hotel yourself directly and discuss this with them...

SC: I JUST DIED! IS THAT NOT EXTENUATING?!?!? I AM DEAD. CANCEL THIS DAMN RESERVATION

Me: What? Sir, at this point in time, is there anything else I can help you with?

SC: YOU HAVE NOT HELPED ME AT ALL!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN..

Me: Thank you for calling, sir, have a nice day.

Why?!?!?!?!?!?!

SC from the other side............

Comment

Call of the Dead. I can't wait this one to hit the silver screen.
      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
        Call of the Dead. I can't wait this one to hit the silver screen.

You thought it was safe to answer the phone- but not even death could stop this SC. Dekyrose must battle Entitlement Whores and outsmart Scammers in a quest to wield the only weapon that can save CSRs- the Sacred Cluehammer.

A film that Gene Shalit says will have you banging your head on your desk in frustration: Call of the Dead.

Featuring Tara Reid and F. Murray Abraham.

In theaters fall 2008.
        Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Well, if you're dead, I'm surely not going to refund money into a deceased person's account.
          Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth dekydrose View Post
            SC: I JUST DIED! IS THAT NOT EXTENUATING?!?!? I AM DEAD. CANCEL THIS DAMN RESERVATION
            dekydrose: "My goodness, sir, you a certainly the most coherent zombie I've ever heard of."
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth dekydrose View Post

...Calling during the graveyard shift?...
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

He must've woken from a dead sleep to make that call.
                You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

We have those rates at my hotel too. We call them Promo Rates.

And, no, we can't refund them. Ever. I've only had to explain it twice so far but my customers have been pretty nice about it. And as for the death in teh family? Only if you call me while bawling your eyes out. Other then that, I can't refund.
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Ah, so we do have someone from GR on the threads now... I had heard the story in the center before... I was kinda hoping it would make it's way here.
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Oh wait, I know! He was a dead ringer!
                      You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Quoth InsuranceGuru View Post
                        Oh wait, I know! He was a dead ringer!
                        Boooooo!!! (extra o's to hit the 10 character minimum)
                        Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

IF YOU MOVE YOU'RE DEAD
                          I'm dead, and I've just called help desk
                          This one is intended as a pun only. it's too easy so I won't offer cookies
                          I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

LOL

He was just dying to get his money back! Guess he thought y'all were trying to stiff him. But of corpse, nobody was willing to listen to his insane demands.
                            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Ahhh ADVP rates I'd rather hide from them than the SC's half the time. I don't think I'd like a phone call from this zombie, we won't generally move the dates on the ADVP rates (there are occasions, but it's not common). No cancellations, no ammendments, and no, no one reads it; or listens.
                              "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

Working...
                              X