This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I don't speak English!

I HATE it when people come up to my window and expect me to understand them--No matter what language they speak.

This old man came up with this girl who looked pretty young. If the person looks younger than 30 we card them. I carded her and she stared at me like I was the idiot.

Me: "I need to see your ID"
    The girl looks at the old man and seems confused.
    Old man: "But this is for me. I'm cashing out. Not her."
    Me: "I understand that but if I can't prove she is 21 she can't be up here."
    The girl just smiles like I'm going to let it slide.
    Girl: But I don't speak english!
    Now I just stare at her. She just spoke PERFECT english and I didn't even hear an accent.
    Old man: She doesn't have an ID.
    me: Well, then she shouldn't even be on the gaming floor without an ID. It's a gaming violation. Now I can help YOU but she needs to step away. I need her to go by the restrooms on the other side of the security podium.
    old man: Talks ENGLISH to her and tells her to move.
    Where does she move!? INTO the line and backs into one of the next customer!
    I sigh and try telling the old man NOOOO. She needs to go away from the cage.
    FINALLY she gets the hint when I point and the old man yells at her. Once she's out of my view I give the old man whatever change he wanted.

I keep having this problem. Language barriers. I guess that's to be expected. Though some of my co-workers speak different languages which is handy. But I'm screwed cuz I only speak English! LOL

the same thing happened to me with someone who only spoke spanish yet wanted to go see a movie which was in english and wouldnt understand me telling her to wait as it wasnt ready...

Comment

I've never had people try to confuse me with a different language, I did however get sworn at in Arabic. I was brand new and it was playoffs at the time. The VIP lot is full and we closed it down meaning we had to turn people away, some were nice about it while others were rude about it. One guy pulls up and the exchange went like this:

"Hey, why the hell is VIP closed?"

"The VIP lot just filled up 20 minutes ago and we had to close it down. You'll have to go down there in order to park."

The next thing I know, the guy says something to me in Arabic. I had a strange feeling that he said f-you to me. Right after he said that, I burst out laughing about it.
      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
      X