This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perrier and mint leaves

Ok, so there was this one woman, who upon first sight you could tell she was pretty well off monetarily, and had this kind of snobby air about her, who came through my cashier's register with about 3 bottles of perrier and one or two other random unimportant things. It was then, after everything had been rung up, that she decided to mention how she asked if we had seen two other bottles of perrier and some mint leaves, because, apparently, she had set them down outside the restroom to go in there, and when she came out she claimed they were gone. So then she walked away to see if she could find some more, but she actually got the last of them. She started whining to the people at the service desk that she needed to get that stuff back. All the while a line was forming at the register. She finally came back and decided to pay for what had already been rung up, all the while complaining that our service desk guy was being "totally unhelpful", even though he really was doing everything he could.

Finally, after she paid, she got our service desk guy to call the AM up to the front. The AM got some people from the back to check and basically bent over backwards for the woman, all the while the woman kept telling us "I NEED that perrier and mint leaves!" She said she KNEW we had some more because she couldn't BELIEVE anybody would ever pick up such an unusual combination of items. I didn't say anything, but the first thought that came to mind was "Didn't YOU pick up that unusual combination of items?!" So after about fifteen minutes of all this, she finally found them. She just hadn't set them down where she thought. No thank you, no apology, nothing, the last thing she said before she left was "You people didn't realize how much I NEEDED this stuff for my drink!!!!"

She was totally rude to us and we really did do everything we could! Not only that, but there are literally 3 other Krogers within literally 5 miles of us, she could have easily just driven to one of them in the amount of time she spent holding us up.

I didn't realize people NEEDED perrier and mint leaves to live. I thought you could just drink water. From, y'know, the sink, or even normal bottled water if you're afraid of stuff in the sink. But if you NEED water, I'd think the sink would be fine. I guess from now on, guards will have to bring prisoners bread, perrier and mint leaves, since you obviously NEED them to live. Water just won't do, not at all.
    Stop driving me insane, I'm already within walking distance!

i can understand needing something for a drink, improvising and using grape juice and vodka gets old fast
    DILLIGAF

Comment

I would have offered to hand bag the items carefully and carry them out for her, then stand by for a moment as if waiting for my tip, then act all huffy when she gives me the stinkeye and no or crappy tip.
      Many, not all, well off folks in my community come into my store thinking they're going to get high quality office furniture. Hence, the hawking of "product protection plans" aka Extended Warranties.

"Don't you have any REAL furniture?" [ie, solid wood] No. ALL of it is pressboard. Basically sawdust mixed with glue and formed, and fake veneer over that. Dumbass, Masins is across the street, Thomasville downtown. Very nice, VERY expensive "real" furniture.

Idiots!

Comment

Quoth Lehk View Post
        i can understand needing something for a drink, improvising and using grape juice and vodka gets old fast
        That doesn't sound so bad, how about diet sunkist orange and vodka?
        And the sky was full of stars... and every star, an exploding ship, one of ours...

Comment

What is she making? A watered-down mojito?

Comment

Quoth garth1 View Post
            That doesn't sound so bad, how about diet sunkist orange and vodka?
            Hey . . . I've got some Diet Sunkist in the fridge and a bottle of vodka on the bar. . .

Psuedo-Fuzzy Navels, anyone?
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
              Psuedo-Fuzzy Navels, anyone?
              I'll take one or 3 You can mix just about anything with vodka.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                What is she making? A watered-down mojito?
                Actually, if she is substituting the Perrier for the soda water, it wouldn't be that different, really....just a bit less fizzy. Of course, if she is subsituting it for the SUGAR water, or (SAY IT ISN'T SO!) the rum, then that is something else entirely.

Hmmmm....I could go for a mojito right about now. Wait....oh no....

WHY IS ALL THE RUM GONE?!?!?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  WHY IS ALL THE RUM GONE?!?!?
                  My guess is a certain ISC drank it.
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                  X