X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh - he told me that "I Better" do this

Well.... not so much stupid, but mean!

me-Hi...this is me... how (caller starts interpting me already)
    sc-I just hung up on another girl there. She was inexperienced, slow, and dumb
    me-Great! What can "I" do for you?
    sc-It's not all that difficult... I want to fly from xxx to yyy then to zzz
    me-no problem... wha (cuts me off again)
    sc-AND I WANT TO STAY AT THE XYZ HOTEL AND I WANT TO GET THE RATE OF $150
    me-ok, let me check...
    sc-YOU BETTER GET ME THAT RATE
    me-well sir, since that hotel has a major convention during that time - my computer is showing a rate of $360... I'd be more than happy... (cuts me off again)
    sc-YOU BETTER CALL THE HOTEL RIGHT NOW AND GET ME MY RATE
    me - ok, may I place you on hold while I call the hotel?
    sc- no!
    me - well, I'm going to have to for a moment...
    sc- :makes all sorts of sounds: Fine!

So, I call the hotel. All the cheap rooms are sold out. I put him on a waitlist just in case anything opens up.

me- sir, they only have suites available... that's why I cannot get you the lower rate
    sc - I DONT BELIEVE YOU... GIVE ME THE HOTELS PHONE NUMBER... I'LL CALL... YOU BETTER SHAPE UP... (is that a threat?)

He hung up on me too...

Lovely I just hated how he kept yelling at me and telling me that I "better do this" and I "better do that"

Good lord, what an ass. I'm glad I'm not the one to have to live with the man.

Comment

Quoth TravelSucks View Post
      sc - I DONT BELIEVE YOU... GIVE ME THE HOTELS PHONE NUMBER... I'LL CALL... YOU BETTER SHAPE UP...
      Or what? You gonna tell my Mommy that I won't play nice? Ooh, I'm so scared.

How did we get to this point where people think it's acceptable to threaten others?
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

When he hung up, he hopefully ceased to be your problem. Too bad he's someone else's. What a loser.
        The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Or what? You gonna tell my Mommy that I won't play nice? Ooh, I'm so scared.

How did we get to this point where people think it's acceptable to threaten others?
          And just what does he think Mommy is going to do? Beat everyone up and kiss it and make it all better?

Heh. His mommy is probably one of those who will whip his HEINIE for acting like such a barbarian. If I were his mommy, I'd knock him into next week

I can thank my mom for teaching me how to treat people..
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I see that these asshats are still allowed to use a phone. Why is that??
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

No, his Mommy probably ran to his defense and acted like he was beyond reproach. If she were the type to beat his heinie for acting like an ass, he wouldn't be an ass now.

Comment

Quoth TravelSucks View Post
                sc-YOU BETTER CALL THE HOTEL RIGHT NOW AND GET ME MY RATE
                me - ok, may I place you on hold while I call the hotel?
                sc- no!
                me - well, I'm going to have to for a moment...
                sc- :makes all sorts of sounds: Fine!
                So... "YOU BETTER!" call the hotel and get the rate *without* putting his dumb ass on hold?!? How the fuck did he expect you to get a quote, anyway?

I don't understand this line of thinking. It happens to me every day. Some idiot will call and ask me to check on something, and I tell them that I'll be putting them on hold for a moment (I *never* ask permission) and they whine about it?

Assuming our office had a cordless phone, WTF are they expecting me to do while I go get their chart? Make small talk with them? Because most of them hate that, too!
                "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Heheheh. I can just picture it:

SC: "Can you find me a good rate?"
                  Me: "Can I put you on hold for a minute to look?"
                  SC: "No, I don't want to go on hold."
                  Me: "Okay."
                  ... [pause]
                  SC: "So, can you get me a rate?"
                  SC: "No, I said not to do that."
                  ... [pause]
                  SC: "Are you looking for a rate for me?"
                  SC: "NO!!"

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Comment

What an ass! I hope he does find a hotel with that rate - but then the people upstairs are in a pogo stick club and practice all night long above his head.

When people at B&N refused to be put on hold (and not just refuse but scream at me about not doing so for no good reason), I would smack the receiver down onto the counter, accidentally drop the phone on the floor, plop stacks of books next to the phone - anything to make them wish they had just been put on hold.

Then when I found what they needed, or looked up whatever - I'd pick up the phone and talk in the sweetest voice possible like nothing had happened.

Yeah I'm mean...
                    If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

Oh dear, this reminds me of this guy that was telling me what I was going to do for him and that's all there was too it.

ME - Emergency Roadside Call Taker Angel
                      SC - Total, complete, rude pr**k

Me - this is me, how can I help you.
                      SC - Well, they told me the truck will be here at x time. It's now 2 mins after x time and they are not here.
                      Me - well, I will call the company and see how much longer it will take.
                      (I hate calling the company when it's anything under ten mins over the ETA because that's too soon, they could be right around the corner - not in this case though, the company extended the ETA by about 10 more minutes)
                      Me - Well, I apologize for the delay, but it will be about another 10 mins.
                      SC - well, then you will not count this call against my membership.
                      Me - I'm sorry sir, but our ETA's are not guaranteed times and they won't credit this for you for the company being only 10 -15 mins late.
                      SC - No. You will credit this to my account.
                      Me - Sir, I can talk to the supervisor about this...if that is what you want, I can't make that decision.
                      SC - YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ME! YOU WILL NOT CHARGE MY ACCOUNT FOR THIS CALL!
                      Me - Sir, I have to talk to a supervisor, I can't make that decision.
                      SC - I want you to listen to me. Are you going to listen?
                      ME - Sir, I have listened (cuts me off)
                      SC - NO, YOU HAVEN'T! Now, are you going to listen to me?
                      me - yes.
                      SC - YOU WILL CREDIT THIS TO MY ACCOUNT.
                      Me - Sir, I cannot make that decision, I have to transfer you to...(cuts me off again)
                      SC - YOU ARE NOT LISTENING! DO YOU WANT TO LOSE YOUR JOB!
                      At this point, I actually took my headphones off and threw them down on the desk, it was that or say something that WOULD make me lose my job!)
                      I pick the headset back up and...
                      SC - Hello? Hello?
                      Me - *sigh* I'm here.
                      SC - Okay, are you going to listen to me now or will I have to tell your supervisor that you are not doing your job?!
                      Me - No, I'm transferring you right now to the supervisor...

He stops me - tells me the same thing he has been telling me - TWO MORE TIMES - I stopped him in the middle of the second time and just said

ME - Hold please.

Oh, I wish I could have dumped the call into never never land on a line with the "sound of silence" looped over and over again.

Thank god the sup on duty backed me up and told him that there was, in fact, nothing I could do about this guys request. He was a dick to her too. In the end, it wasn't credited!
                      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

So in the end, the SC got what he wanted by being an asshat to y'all? That's a damn shame.

That fellow deserves the Patented Jester Punishment....times twenty.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

According to the OP, the aaccount was not credited.

Why do people not understand that the "E" in ETA stands for ESTIMATED?!?!?!

Comment

Quoth RogueOne View Post
                            Why do people not understand that the "E" in ETA stands for ESTIMATED?!?!?!

becuase everyone's in a hurry, had a guy call in once for lockout service on labor day weekend and got pissed when I quoted him 90 min, his reason for being special "I'm on my way to my daughter's wedding, it's not like it's a cold snowy day!" okay dumbass, YOU locked YOUR keys in YOUR car on labor day weekend in a major metro area and you're pissed at ME?
                            "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Quoth Luna View Post
                              What an ass! I hope he does find a hotel with that rate - but then the people upstairs are in a pogo stick club and practice all night long above his head.
                              ...or a room that's above a bowling alley, and below another bowling alley.
                              Sometimes life is altered.
                              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                              Uneasy with confrontation.
                              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                              X