This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
    Bronze for me. Plain. Unless I can get my Clan ring made for me (thick silver band with mother-of-pearl inlaid), but alas I can't seem to locate someone to make the damned thing for me.
    You might take a look at R. E Piland. I have two of their rings. One is a Irish knot and the other a Scottish thistle. They usually have a booth at the Sugar Loaf Craft Fair in the Washington, DC, area.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I've told my boyfriend that all I want is a simple silver band with my birthstone (aquamarine) in it. He was surprised I didn't want the typical gold band with diamonds.
      My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

OK, I'm freaking out that I'm 6 months out from my wedding and the bridesmaids have not given me their measurements for me to order their dresses.

How the hell does someone leave that till 4/2 weeks before the wedding? I've been told by every place I've gone too that the dresses will take 4-5 months to just get here.

wow...bridezilla much!
        I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

I have been engaged for nine yrs now, we are not really in a hurry to get married. I do have a nice engagement ring, actually this is my second one. The first was so pretty, it had a diamond in the center and then a heart on each side and the hearts had three diamond chips in them. I picked it out myself. I lost it at work, I could not wear it on my ring finger because my hands had swollen so I switched it to my pinkie and it fell off one night and I did not realize it until after I left the resturant, and well it must have been swept up with all the garbage. Then about four months ago, my guy suprised me with a new one, this one is Black Hills Gold with three diamonds side by side, he said it reminded him of the first one so he had to get it for me.

We have just recently been talking about finally getting married, so we decided to wait until I graduate from BHSU which is planned for December 2012 and then we want to be married in Feb 2013 and go to the 55th Daytona 500 for our honeymoom. I want a simple ceremony and a reception celebrating with friends and family. I don't even want presents because we have all we need and I rather just have all my loved ones surrounding us and having fun, that would be the best present.

Comment

Lurker/first post, glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't like gold or diamond rings! I don't want an engagement ring either (my fiance knows this) and we both plan on getting our rings from SeaWear in this style but with a blue sapphire instead of a diamond.

The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

since my failed engagement ive discovered wooden rings http://www.woodenringsandthings.com/catalog/ and places that make vintage designed ring.
              so if i meet a girl no plain but not gold

Comment

Quoth neecy View Post
                I don't want an engagement ring either (my fiance knows this) and we both plan on getting our rings from SeaWear in this style but with a blue sapphire instead of a diamond.
                PRETTY!!!

urm, oops. *grows up*

Yeah, I'm not a fancy jewelry person. Just a plain band...if there's going to be a stone, I'd rather it be an emerald or ruby or something interesting.

I'm lucky in that one of my best friends is a costume designer (she'll probably be my only bridesmaid besides my sister.) I'll ask her (nicely) if she wants to do the dresses (of course pay for materials and labor and probably help sew them). My dress...I'm super pale, and white looks terrible on me. Besides, I have some friends who would not be able to contain their laughter if they saw me in a "pure" white dress.

So I'm thinking a light pink with lots of little flowers. Who knows. I DO already have all of my music more or less planned out. (I'm going to walk out to a slowed down verson of "She's a Brass Band" from Sweet Charity ) It's going to be a musical spectacle! Whee!!1

Now if I could just find someone to marry. hm.
                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                  since my failed engagement ive discovered wooden rings http://www.woodenringsandthings.com/catalog/ and places that make vintage designed ring. So if i meet a girl no plain but not gold
                  Those are nice rings. I dated a girl in college that liked to make similar rings out of peach pits.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I've been doing a bit of ring shopping for my fiance, because he wants something creative. I found some cool tungsten carbide wedding bands, which they say are SUPER durable. Apparently construction workers like them. I'll probably get yellow gold to match my engagement ring.

As far as the wedding is concerned, I have over a year to plan...which is exactly what I wanted. I don't see the point in trying to rush a ceremony together in a couple months. I want to enjoy the whole experience. Besides, I'm planning a simple, traditional wedding. Although, I keep trying to convince my guy that I'm wearing a purple muumuu for the ceremony.
                    Certifiable Interior Designer
                    (Passed the NCIDQ Exam - Summer 2008)

It's hard to shoot zombies with a cat on your lap!

Comment

I read some articles about green wedding rings that are made of wood, coconut or bamboo or that have used recycled gold,conflict free diamonds or diamond alternatives like Moissanite and the Apollo diamond I'm a little hesitant about wood since it deteriorates from moisture and such, so I'd rather go for the recycled gold and diamond alternatives (especially since my birthstone is the diamond and I'd like something a little unique). Hell, I even found a site where you can not only get conflict free diamond/gemstone rings,but you can design your own for your wedding/engagement. I think it sounds great,but I'll see what my guy thinks about it first. Oh and... for the massive green wedding ring shill.
                      Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 06-07-2008, 04:27 AM.
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Er...I wear a Double D cup, and my boobs certainly aren't big enough to "tuck under my belt". Yes, I wear a bra everywhere(except at home), but even without one I can't manage that.
                        Check out my cosplay social group!
                        http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

As for my wedding dress, I'm totally making mine and I'm not setting a date for the wedding until the dress is finished. It's going to be a petal dress made out of oxford men's t-shirts. I saw it in "Altered Couture" and it looks awesome.
                          Check out my cosplay social group!
                          http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
                            Your friends weren't helping you. The one berating me, and repeating, "But you sold her the dress! You have to alter it!" was clearly unaware that in this state, even prisoners can't be forced to work if they chose not to. We certainly can't be forced to work overtime, (happily, that goes against company policy)

Your other friend, the one who kept carping "but it's so simple! It can't take very long." should just hire some one off the street, or do it for you herself, if it's that simple.
                            My mother altered wedding dresses for over a decade. She had an awesome boss who backed her up against some of these wacko brides. Within just a few months of a new spineless boss she quit. The new boss forced her to mangle a tulle skirt. When this dress is hemmed, the hem doesn't fall in a strait circle, it's a bit wavy. This bride was very angery, wanted the tulle to be a perfect circle. The boss kept insisting that my mom "fix it." It was a perfect hem. So my mom took the scissors and trimmed the hem so that it layed in a perfect circle. However, now the hem is wavy. It's just the design of the dress. My mom quit on the spot and left. It was a few years before she started sewing again.

Most recently, my mom made my wedding veil, and my sister's wedding gown. Silk, corseted bodice with lace overlay. Gorgeousness.
                            Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                              Bronze for me. Plain. Unless I can get my Clan ring made for me (thick silver band with mother-of-pearl inlaid), but alas I can't seem to locate someone to make the damned thing for me.
                              I had my wife's made to my design by a great jeweler friend. If you are looking for someone who can really execute though, I'll check with her when she gets back from her trip and find out who did my second one - she met them at the Celt Fest in Chicago, but they are from Canada and are REALLY into a wide range of tribal artisanship.

P.S. Also, her engagement ring is Tanzanite. Great durability, VERY wide range of colors and cuts, and relatively free of political repercussions.
                              Last edited by sms001; 06-08-2008, 09:08 PM.

Comment

My husband claims he was laughed out of two jewelry stores because he wanted a sapphire engagement ring for me. He ended up purchasing a beautiful one from a small family-owned jewelry shop run by a man who looks like an aging Hell's Angel. The first time hubby went in the owner was out, buying an old police cruiser at auction because he wanted a car that looked like the Blues Brothers'. Hubby decided THIS guy gets his business no matter what! And he didn't laugh!
                                https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Working...
                                X