This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whinging about queuing

Now, to most people possessing common sense, it would be obvious that if you go shopping at the supermarket on either Friday, Saturday or Sunday lunchtime, the place is going to be packed and you will have to queue. Not to some of the SCs I encountered the other day, who I was severely tempted to offer cheese to go with their whine.

These people all went up to Customer Services and bitched about the queues on Friday; ignoring the fact that every single operational checkout was open and that the place was jampacked. Look, if you don't want to queue, then get off your fat arses and get here earlier!

When they came to my till, they were moaning to me about it, and I was the one to tell them that telling me was pointless and Customer Services was the way to go.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

When we are short staffed, we get lines. Customers see that every employee is with another customer. Do they care? No. They cannot seem to see the other customers. Apparently, it has to do something with entitlement. One person stormed out of the store, yelling at me because I could not help him when I was in the middle of helping a much older elderly lady.
    At the end of the day, customers are NOT always right.

Comment

"Why do I have wait sooooo looooooong?"

Because you're not the only person who had the bright idea of coming in *insert typical busy time*.

Duh.
      -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
      -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

[at a restaurant]

"Why is everything taking so long?"

Because you are here, on a Friday night, at 7:00, on a holiday weekend, when every tourist in the nation decided to join our island frivolity. As they do every year at Whatever Tourist Drawing Festival It Is That Time. Duh.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

One day, they had to take the other cashier off for lunch so I was the only cashier on until she came back. Our store isn't so much short staffed as it badly scheduled. Anyway, this woman comes up to my line, sees that there are two people in front of her, then says to me "Tell someone to open up another line because I'm not waiting." I just told her that there was no one else to open up another line. I went back to the customer at hand, there was nothing I could do. The produce manager walked by, she saw that he was an employee, and latched on to him -- he ended up taking her through a selfscan.

Comment

Working...
          X