This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Stolen Gems, pardon the pun.

Last year or so I had a woman trying to return some Cross pen refills ($18 package) for cash and no receipt. I explained the return policy (as if she was listening) that all I could give her was merchandise credit. And I needed to call a manager over so they could get a merch. card out.

Well B was the MOD at the time, saw what was going on and took her sweet time getting said merch card... Being slow on purpose lets many employees see what the scammer looks like and what they're trying to do, thus frustrating her

"I don't have time for this!!" * the scammer sputtered and then she bolted albeit taking the stolen product with her.

Another time I had a kid attempt to return a Microsoft software "can I just get cash back?" "Not without your receipt. Nope. Uh uh." He gave me a disappointed look and sidled away.

This one was told to me secondhand, but recently a man bought a high end software and paid cash... Later in the day he returned it claiming it was the wrong one.... This particular software had a thick instruction manual so it was hard to tell if the CD was missing by hefting the box for weight judgement. The box was just heavy paper with two seals on the ends, and he must have heated one of the seals so as to keep it intact and make it look like the box had never been opened.

B refused to give him cash back, instead giving him a merch card. The man reluctantly agreed and left. B then opened the box, finding no CD in the box! So all B had to do was void the transaction, rendering the merch card useless! So we lost the product but not the money paid for it

*As seen in another post, this phrase is often used by impatient and assholic but at least PAYING customers!!
Working...
X