This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day of dancing, light refreshments and sucky customers

Today was my last day in customer service. It should have been a very good day, but fate decided to deal one last CS and SC nightmare... the Big Game from the local Big College was on a channel we don't carry.

A random sampling of customer reactions:

Caller: Well, why did you move the game to a channel you don't carry? That doesn't make any sense at all.
    Me: We didn't move anything. Those decisions are made by ESPN.
    Caller: You're the cable company.
    Me: We just show what we're given.
    Caller: That makes no sense at all.

Caller: And how are you going to compensate me for not being able to watch the game?
    Me: We're not.
    Caller: I should get at least a month free, probably more.
    Me: Because ESPN isn't showing the game you want to see?
    Caller: I pay to see these games. Because you're not carrying it, I shouldn't have to pay.
    Me: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Caller: Please connect me with someone who can make a decision.
    Me: There's no one here who can make ESPN move the game.
    Caller: I'm sure there's someone there with a little more authority than you have.

Caller: Ever since Big Cable bought your company, things have been going downhill. The old company never would have done this.
    Me: I think the new company just wants to get the point across right from the start that you're our bitch. Get used to it.

(I didn't really say that... really, I didn't.)

Those were the more lucid responses. The rest were just the typical endless rants about outrageous prices... evil cable monopoly... satellite would do it... you've ruined my life, blah, blah, blah.
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Did you have a new job lined up yet? If I ever get out of retail to a job I know I have... SCs beware, Cvstos has broken free.

Comment

Quoth Cvstos View Post
      Did you have a new job lined up yet?
      Actually, I'm still going to be with the same company... I'm just moving from the customer service side of things to the tech side. I still have to deal with customers, and they're still going to suck sometimes, but at least I won't have to put up with whiny complaints about football games. And the money's a lot better.
      I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

More idiots. Sorry, if you absolutely have to see the games, they have this new thing...it's called BUYING THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL PACKAGE. I believe it's called College Game Day. And you know what buying that package guarantees? That no matter what the cable companies decide, you are still going to see the game you want to see. Every person I know who follows sports understands that when the networks move the games, the local cable companies have no say in the matter.

Hell, I am a fan of my western college (GO ARIZONA STATE!!! ) and the Oakland Raiders and I live in Florida, so I KNOW I either have to shell out some dough for some cable package, drop cable and get satellite tv (and get a package), or go to my local sports bar to watch the variety of those games on their satellite TV's....for which they pay for a package.

This is not rocket science. Even cave men could understand this! [Cue the Geico commercial!]

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

Hell, I am a fan of my western college (GO ARIZONA STATE!!! ) and the Oakland Raiders

drop cable and get satellite tv
          What do I know about college sports? I have the dubious distinction of attending the smallest college in the US -- 200 students when I went there. Our "men's" soccer team was actually co-ed, otherwise we couldn't have fielded a team. (PS: you have every right to be ashamed of the Raiders...)

Drop cable and get satellite TV? No! Everyone, ignore that. Cable... good. Satellite... bad.

Comment

TNT, I wasn't advocating any of the choices, just pointing out what one's choices would be. None of them being bitching at the cable company for something that is completely out of their control.

And yes, the Raiders, at least after week 1, are shameful.

But....ARIZONA STATE IS 3-0! WOO HOO!!!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              TNT, I wasn't advocating any of the choices, just pointing out what one's choices would be.
              Don't mind me... I instinctively do the "cable...good, satellite... bad" whenever somebody mentions the "S" word (satellite).

The Giants are playing the Iggles at 1pm, and I'll actually get to watch. (This is the first Sunday I've had off since January).

Comment

Working...
              X