Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Me the SC? I was kinda justified though...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work for a company that can just "click" and get rid of fees too - It's at our discretion below $10 and has to be approved by a manager above that amount. Here's how I approach that: If you are respectful and ask nicely, OR if you have in actual fact been screwed over, I will happily waive the charge. If you're nasty, or if you're clearly in the wrong, I will not remove that charge even if you move heaven and earth - until after you hang up, in which case if you got screwed and were mean to me, I'll take it off to make you feel bad (but if you're in the wrong and you never pay your bills on time, you're darn tootin I won't be taking off the late fees).

I am evil
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
      Me: So...that was it.

CSDude: Yep.

Me: All those hours. You fixed it. Just like that. That's it? (Did I mention a bit?)

CSDude: Yeeeep. Anything else?

Me: Nope. Thanks. /click

I feel bad because a) I was fairly angsty toned when I first talked. And then I went all "DUUUURRRR" on him. I am just STILL so mad...all that time...we even DROVE...and all for ninety six cents that someone went <click!> and took care of?!

...Am I an SC?...
      I think so. The guy fixed your problem, after all your previous problems. Your reaction?

"Nope. Thanks. /click"

You would think you would be grateful to the guy who just literally made your problem vanish.

*shrug* But that's my opinion.

Comment

Well I doubt you were screaming at him. There is a difference between exasperated and entitled. It says you told him that they had been giving you the run around. You wanted to pay, and found you couldn't. Because you weren't yelling and screaming at him he made it go away.

I bet if you were yelling and screaming and demanding to have the charge removed it wouldn't have gone so smoothly.

You may have been a little short with him, but I find that that doesn't bug me when the customer has a right to be upset. Which you clearly did.

So, in summery, I don't think you were a top of the line SC. You may have been a minor one right up until he discovered all the running around was for .96 cents. Then you became just another customer screwed over by comcast.

Comment

Comcast is notorious for doing this kind of stuff to their customers. Avoid Comcast like the plague.

Comment

I work in a call center, and one day an older gent called all upset that he still owed $0.19 on a finalized account. He'd called several weeks prior for his balance, sent a check for the amount he was given, but apparently was given the wrong balance, so now we sent him a bill for $0.19. (Probably cost us more to send out that damn bill than what he owed.) He was angry and I don't blame him. I told him not to worry about it, and I'd take care of it. I don't have a way to wipe out the balance on the computer, so on one of my breaks, I went downstairs to the payment office, and paid the balance off for him. I guess it was my good deed for the day.

Comment

Quoth ebonyknight View Post
              I think so. The guy fixed your problem, after all your previous problems. Your reaction?

"Nope. Thanks. /click"

You would think you would be grateful to the guy who just literally made your problem vanish.

*shrug* But that's my opinion.
              Her reaction was called "shock". Shock that after all the crap and runaround that Comcast gave her that someone finally stepped up and fixed the problem. I've had a problem with them that was somewhat similar and can tell you from experience that you do just go "Durrrrr, thanks" when someone actually helps you.

She wasn't sucky, never yelled, threated, demanded free things. Just a screwed-over, exasperated, frustrated, and finally, shocked customer. And haven't we all been there at some point?

Quoth Jbball View Post
              Comcast is notorious for doing this kind of stuff to their customers. Avoid Comcast like the plague.
              Yeah, I don't really have much of a choice here.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Thanks guys...I feel a bit better and a bit abashed at the same time, LOL.

I shot off an email to Comcast asking them if they can look at the call records and thank the agent that helped me out in the end. I feel bad that I was so stunned in the end I didn't get his name or really thank him...so I'm hoping someone will actually read that email and pass on my thanks. I doubt it...but I'm not sure what to do next.

And yeah...I like Suddenlink better. We're getting 6MB highspeed interwebs now for 39.99 a month instead of the 57.95 for 3MB at Comcast.
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

See, this is why I hate owning a cell phone. All that pure and unadulterated crap for a 96 cent charge? Pretty poor customer service. You weren't wrong in being annoyed.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                    And yeah...I like Suddenlink better. We're getting 6MB highspeed interwebs now for 39.99 a month instead of the 57.95 for 3MB at Comcast.
                    Damn... I pay ~$75/mo for a 15Mb/sec (not 1.5, 15) connection and cable from Mediacom. I figured their 1.5 package was only like $10/mo cheaper, so why not?
                    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                    X