This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid, lies and stealing

yesterday was a real winner; one of our suktomers decided that not only is the customer right, but can steal other drinks and lie as well.

this winner comes in, everything seems normal (at first), but starts to deteriorate the moment he orders.

he orders a traveler (an item that acts like a huge thermos for carry out brewed coffee), not a problem, but we were kind of busy, so i tell him that could take 10 or so minutes, since i hadn't checked to see if we had an empty urn yet. we did, so i get that started; part one is finishing.

he orders the rest of the drinks;a tall strawberry frappucino, a grande decaf caramel frappucino and a short chai latte, i hear him make his order, so i get started on the drinks. the drinks are made and placed on the bar, and then the 'fun' begins.

i call all of them out; two were ready almost immediately and the other two followed shortly after that.

he ignores the call out for about three minutes, then comes up to the counter, looking for drinks. he gets a sour look on his face, then starts moving two of the drinks over, then snottily asks our am where his other two are; i tell the am that the drinks are on the bar-this ass then argues that they are not, he ordered a caramel macchiato, not a frappucino.

i'm all W T F? i HEARD you order one, you asshat; if you got your order wrong, that's your fault, but we will make another drink if you want it, no big deal. he snottily demands that we make it-NOW.

i get pissed at this point; stupid ass lies, then gets pushy? ass; you're not the only customer. his friend pulls the same sort of crap; gets his order in, then tries to argue with me as well (i'd also heard what he ordered, and was making it) over one of the drinks. at this point, congeniality is out the window; i tell him (through lightly clenched teeth) that the drink he's bitching about is the one i'm about to hand off. he gets a 'oops' look on his face and shuts up.

i turn back to the bar to continue making other orders; these two grab their order and leave.

a lady who ordered a bit after them ended up losing her drink to them, because these bastards took it and another drink i'd made earlier.

the kicker for me was that they had one of those religious 'christian' banners across the back of their rear windshield. yah, nice enforcement of the 'thou shalt not steal' part of the commandments, asshat (and on a sunday, too).
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Don't you just LOVE hypocrisy?

Honestly, I wouldn't have been half as polite as you...
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
      the kicker for me was that they had one of those religious 'christian' banners across the back of their rear windshield. yah, nice enforcement of the 'thou shalt not steal' part of the commandments, asshat (and on a sunday, too).
      GRRR! *running around the office screaming*

I used to hate Sundays in the restaurant buiz. I got ripped off more times than I care to remember on Sunday afternoons with the big-tops of God-fearing Christians.

They wouldn't tip - they'd leave enough on the table to cover the bill. And sometimes, if the bill was $65.42, they'd leave only $65, leaving me to cover 42 cents - not a big deal, huh? WHEN YOU MAKE $2.14 an hour and your life depends on those tips - it is especially when it happens more than once.

Had one church group of 10 receive the wrong check. I accidentally laid down the check for a two top that was right next to them on their table. The bill for the two top - $25 odd bucks. The church people paid immediately and left immediately. The two top took a moment or two before they opened their book and, of course, immediately caught the fact that I handed them a $80+ bill. By that time, the church group had paid for the two top's bill as if it were their own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRRRR!!!!!!

*boom* damn it, there goes my head again!
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

becky, i so wished i could have reamed that ass like i wanted to; this f..... was glaring at me through the last part of the drinks, and it infuriated me.

dumbass, go sit down with your equally stupid friend and leave me the hell alone so i can finish your order and get you the hell out of my sight.

this assclown topped all previous assclowns for sheer stupidity and pissing me off to the point where i almost completely lost composure. i'm betting this stain will lodge a complaint against me, just because he's a *insert insult of choice here.*
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I am not sure why, but for some reason, I am glad I deal with drunks and not with your caffeine junkies. I get my share of idiots too, but at least, being a professional drunk myself, I can kind of understand the drunks.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Usual rules, folks - let's be careful to leave bashing of religions out of it unless it pertains to customer antics.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth DrinkJockey View Post
              Probably because when we deal with drunks, we at least have the option of telling them to leave..
              Well, yes, but only if they are being total asshats....which, in many non-bar situations, would also be the case.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

This reminds me of a simliar instance with me. I was at the airport, it was the end of my shift and I wanted a smoothie. So I went to the smoothie bar and order my drink. The guy finishes making it and put it on the couinter next to the register. While I'm getting my cash, some lady swoops in and swipes my smoothie! All I could say was "Did she swipe my smoothie?" The guy just tells me yeah it happens all the time and he made me another one. What the heck? What a strange world we live in!!

Comment

Quoth abbynormal View Post
                  This reminds me of a simliar instance with me. I was at the airport, it was the end of my shift and I wanted a smoothie. So I went to the smoothie bar and order my drink. The guy finishes making it and put it on the couinter next to the register. While I'm getting my cash, some lady swoops in and swipes my smoothie! All I could say was "Did she swipe my smoothie?" The guy just tells me yeah it happens all the time and he made me another one. What the heck? What a strange world we live in!!
                  Makes me wonder how they make a profit there. Do they just make a note of writing down that someone stole it? Do they charge more money?

What a sad world we live in, I swear...
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

There would be a woman being chased down and severely injured (well...emotionally, at least...*grumblegrumble*We don't promote violence*snarlgrumble*) for stealing that. Once it's paid for, it's MINE and you're a thief! Especially if it's like the ones I get from the gym that are six fracking dollars for a cup of ice and protein powder!

"I...will make you...suffer LARGE, alien!"
                    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

. While I'm getting my cash, some lady swoops in and swipes my smoothie! All I could say was "Did she swipe my smoothie?" The guy just tells me yeah it happens all the time and he made me another one. What the heck? What a strange world we live in!!
                      It WOULDN'T happen all the time if they let us carry tasers at work...

Comment

Working...
                      X