This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally talked back a lil...

Not much of a snap back but more then i ever have before.

first off it doesnt bug me when people say 'o im going to X store instead!' it bugs me that they feel this should bug me =P

anyway

me: yup this is our cheapest model freezer on sale for 231.00

SC: you know i can get this a lot cheaper at X store right?

Me: Well you have an easy choice then dont you?

SC: *glares at me then leaves*

She wasnt to pleased but meh....she wasnt gunna buy anything anyways and her kids where running all over my beds and she was critisizing everything anyways..i was also at the end of my rope couse of college all week and working all weekend and i had to both open and close that day..so i was touchy =P i do feel a lil bad though lol
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

I did something similar the other day:

SC: You do know that gasoline at XX is a penny a gallon cheaper?

ME: Then you should go an buy it there then.

SC: *sniff* Oh don't worry, I will.
    The customer is always right until I decide he isn't.

Comment

Hehe ...and then they'll *waste* said penny driving over there. But, it's not about the cash, it's about the *principle* right?

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

haha exactly. i kinda enjoy the thought of them losing money, finding out that said 'x' store does NOT have the freezer we sell (which i highly suspect) all in an effort to 'stick' it to me. i make 2% commision :P i dont really care if you purchase from me or not (decent base wage though and my place of work is about a 5 min bike ride from home and fun to work at)

Comment

Heh... here's one I had last week. Guy called in to do a balance transfer, but he didn't have his card, so I couldn't verify his account, and he blamed me.

SC: "If you aren't gonna help me, then I'll just transfer my balance to this 0% offer from another company."

Me: "Sir, I can't help you unless you have the expiration date on your card." Then he cut me off AGAIN.

SC: "Obviously, you don't need my business!"

Me: *sigh* "I guess we don't!"
          "Some people are just brainless." -Words of my beloved late grandma.

Comment

I work for the cable company so my experiences are a little different, but the funny thing is most of the people who threaten to go to satellite do so because:

1. They didn't pay their bill and were disconnected for nonpayment. They disagree with having to do silly things like pay off the balance they owe and pay a reconnection charge. I don't have a problem with "customers" like this going to the competition because I've got actual customers who pay us that want my attention. Besides, you can't be a valued customer if you don't actually pay us for the services we provide.

2. There is a problem with reception they haven't told us about, but expect it to be magically fixed right now. Somehow, trotting out the competition will make something suddenly become available today, because we all know that tomorrow is not acceptible. I've had this issue for a year! It's frustrating! Sure, I keep extra special, super-secret appointments just to appease the entitlement folks because that makes perfect sense. It takes a minimum of 30 seconds of whining to make one become available. [/sarcasm]

3. They are unhappy with the pricing. You asked for service, and we provided it at a cost. That cost is clearly laid out for you on your bill. If you don't like it, no problem, we can reduce the services to reduce the amount of the bill. Can't live without 12 digital boxes, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz, the high speed internet, and DVR? No problem, but the price remains the same. Yes, Virginia, in order to reduce the cost of the services you have to reduce the amount of service you recieve.

This is how the free market works: A company provides a service that's in demand for the highest price the market will allow. This means that invariably, at least half of all customers are unhappy with said price and think they are paying too much. If these customers decide to disconnect service, then the price will come down as it is now obvious the market can not support the higher prices. If these customers do nothing about it but grumble, the prices stay the same or rise because the market can support the higher prices. (IE - the customer may not be happy with the price, but they continue to pay it - why lower the price when customers will pay more?)
            ...don't you know the first law of physics? "Anything that's fun costs at least $8.00."
            - Cartman

Comment

"why do i have to pay this much for this!?!?!"
              couse your not getting it otherwise

Comment

Quoth phillippbo View Post
                I work for the cable company so my experiences are a little different, but the funny thing is most of the people who threaten to go to satellite do so because:

This is OT, but I have satellite and love it. Over here we have Comcast. I have their broadband and have never had a problem. However, I will never get their cable service (and not for the reasons you mention).

When it rains, it goes out. Sometimes, random channels get snowy or pixelated or just do not come in. They are too expensive when compared to the package I have. Some of the channels I have on satellite aren't on Comcast's similar package; I'd have to upgrade to the next tier.

Finally, I've been a Comcast broadband subscriber for about 4 years now. They keep offering to hook me up with the basic programming package which will lower my total bill by $5.00, but want me to pay a $35 hook-up fee.
                When they waive that, then I will get their basic service in my computer room.

Again, off topic, sorry.
                Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
                  Finally, I've been a Comcast broadband subscriber for about 4 years now. They keep offering to hook me up with the basic programming package which will lower my total bill by $5.00, but want me to pay a $35 hook-up fee.
                  That's the cost to send a truck out to remove the notch filter.

The notch filter is what prevents you from receiving even the most basic of cable TV from their line, which is always present on the line no matter what. It filters out the TV signal so you only get the internet signal.

That is why they charge a "hook up" fee...it's actually not as simple as just sending the signal down the line.
                  DJ Particle

Comment

[QUOTE=Polaris;30073]Me: "Sir, I can't help you unless you have the expiration date on your card." QUOTE]

It's quite possible the guy was scamming info to do ID theft. I have had several calls from people claiming a credit card billing error who constantly fish for information. It's best business practice to never, ever, disclose any information like that.

For the people who complain about the prices of my hotel, I not only tell them where the comptition is, but also how much they are charging, . Competition puts their prices on a board out front, and I drive by it each morning. A signigicant number of people end up coming back and paying more when they find out that it is a roach motel.

The cheapest places are in the next city north, and their prices are as low as $25 a night. People often ask, "Are they nice?"
                    Of course not! What do you expect for that kind of money? If you can't afford my prices, I understand. Things are tough all over. And when you stay elsewhere, you get what you pay for.
                    "Them boys ain't zombies! They're just stupid!"

Comment

Typically when people do the "well xx pharmacy is xx cheaper!" I just nod knowingly and make a sympathetic noise, then just look at them. Yeah, so? Ok, they're cheaper. You realize they're only open 9-8 weekdays, 10-6 saturdays and close completely on sundays and holidays, where we're here 24/7/365?

You are paying for the convenience that we provide. Go to them, fine, but when you forget to fill your prescription and they're closed, don't yell at me about it. It was your choice to pick price over service. Congratulations.
                      Last edited by AFpheonix; 09-19-2006, 06:57 PM. Reason: spelling error- hukt on foniks wurkt fur mi!

Comment

Where did they get the idea that we cared if they shopped somewhere else anyway? Maybe upper management and commisioned sales people do, but at lot of the time these comments are directed toward the lowly cashiers and stockers, who simply couldn't care less.
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                        X