This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pagan View Post
    You didn't look over the Native American part of our tri-culture did you? Try being an Anglo (even though I don't have an Angle blood in me) native New Mexican. The comments I've gotten from ignorant tourists....I could write a book.
    Hell no! I thought the Anasazi remains found at Philmont were pretty cool, especially the stone petroglyphs.

It's not desolate! There's green all over, it's just not the overwhelming, suffocating green that you get in other parts....when it's not on fire. >.>
    I know that. What I meant was, although it is green, it's not nearly as green as SW PA happens to be. I wasn't trying to slam NM at all.

There's a reason that our license plates say "Land of Enchantment". I'm going to miss it a lot when I move to Scotland.
    You're not the only one. I'd like to go back...but can't afford it right now.

Mis, I hear ya about Philadelphia. I've been there many times...can't see what all the fuss is. They all seem to think that they're the center of the universe
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

There's this geography game on some website...addictinggames.com? Or something like that. Basically, it's putting different states in where they belong. The also have it for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa - with the different countries. Yes, even the teeny tiny ones.

I always was a geography nerd...but Eastern Europe can be darn confusing.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
        Actually, you'd have had to smack me upside the head with a map of the USA, because I thought Dakota were somewhere around Nevada and Arizona.
        That's where New Mexico is, east of Arizona!

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
        Samaliel, I wasn't talking about people who don't live in the United States. I was talking about people who are born here and should have found out by 3rd grade where the different states are.
        You mean like the nimrods (especially in the 3 states that surround us) that think we're old Mexico?

Quoth protege View Post
        I know that. What I meant was, although it is green, it's not nearly as green as SW PA happens to be. I wasn't trying to slam NM at all.
        Yeah, I know. I just find it hilarious when the flat-land foreigners come out here complaining about how brown it is....especially just after the monsoon has started and we're getting rain and things have greened up nicely. I guess they're just expecting that suffocating green that I had a hard time with in Florida (around Tampa).

Quoth protege View Post
        You're not the only one. I'd like to go back...but can't afford it right now.
        I've got a lot of pictures from around here already, but I've gotta start taking more pictures. Especially of our sunsets. One I'd really like to get is probably never going to happen. When you're at the Santa Fe Opera and the staging is open to the back, you can see the lights of Los Alamos. But they don't allow photography during the performances....of course, I wouldn't be using a flash....
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          But they don't allow photography during the performances....of course, I wouldn't be using a flash....
          It would still be copyright infringement, sorry. Oftentimes, theatres post pictures of productions online, maybe you could find some on their website?
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
            It would still be copyright infringement, sorry. Oftentimes, theatres post pictures of productions online, maybe you could find some on their website?
            Yeah, I thought of that. But places like the Santa Fe Opera and The Met don't have photo galleries on their websites.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
              There's this geography game on some website...addictinggames.com? Or something like that. Basically, it's putting different states in where they belong. The also have it for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa - with the different countries. Yes, even the teeny tiny ones.

I always was a geography nerd...but Eastern Europe can be darn confusing.
              I tried this game and I did a very poor performance. Seriously, I think I might be the worst player of this game ever. I'm geographically challenged.
              "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
              X