This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lizard Whisperer

Last night was REALLY slow and my CSR and I were shooting the breeze when we hear THUNK! BANG! and various other noises. We look out and there's a teenage boy kicking the walls, windows and doors with some ferocity.

I headed out and said, "Hey! Don't be kicking my doors and walls!"
    I realize then that he's attempting to kill a lizard so I add,
    "And leave that lizard alone!"

He says, "I was just trying to catch it!"
    Me: "No you weren't- you were trying to kill it."

The senseless killing of small helpless creatures really ticks me off.
    Besides- what in the heck makes this little jerk think I want to clean lizard guts off my window?

The lizard takes this opportunity to shimmy under the door into the foyer. I start to open the door and the kid tries to push past me to get at the lizard again (the lizard makes a valiant attempt to stay UNDER the door no matter where it is).

I turn around and block his way.

He tries to push past me again.

I put my hand square in the middle of his chest and physically stop him.
    I say, "No. You can just stop right there. That lizard doesn't need you kicking and stomping on it."

He looks shocked.

I bend down and explain to the lizard that I'm not going to hurt it. The lizard apparently understands me and crawls into my hand.
    The little jerk says, "I'll catch it for you!"
    I say, "No, you won't either." and walk inside with my new reptilian buddy.

The lizard hung out for awhile behind the counter with us- when I finally deemed it safe for the lizard to go back outside it didn't want to leave. LOL!

Now, the kid was with his Dad- his Dad was on his cel phone talking to some woman. The Dad didn't seem to give a rat's butt about the confrontation his son and I had and came on in the store to buy stuff.

My CSR told me that me that when she cashed him out she was just shocked at the conversation Dad was having on the cel.

Apparently, he was talking to a married woman and he was telling her that her husband was a little boy and since she was married to a boy if she wanted anything from him she had to call him Daddy. He would then proceed to nudge the lizard stomping kid and wink- point at phone. I've tamed the conversation in case you're wondering. The kid apparently looked embarrassed and disgusted.

What a F'd up family, huh?
    I wonder if that creep was my Dad if I'd be a lizard killer to?
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Quoth NightAngel View Post
    We look out and there's a teenage boy kicking the walls, windows and doors with some ferocity.

I headed out and said, "Hey! Don't be kicking my doors and walls!"
    I realize then that he's attempting to kill a lizard so I add,
    "And leave that lizard alone!"

He says, "I was just trying to catch it!"
    Me: "No you weren't- you were trying to kill it."
    Oh sure, you're trying to catch a lizard with your Doc Martins!

NightAngel, thank you from rescuing that lizard from the bully brat. I love animals, and can't stand people bullying them.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

It's so sad when it doesn't occur to adults to teach their children to respect life and to be in kinship with the creatures on the earth.

Yeah, I know, that sounds very hippy, but it's how I feel.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        It's so sad when it doesn't occur to adults to teach their children to respect life and to be in kinship with the creatures on the earth.

Yeah, I know, that sounds very hippy, but it's how I feel.
        no, actually, I think it sounds like the words of an enlightened person who respects life and other creatures right to it
        "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Sounds like a future serial killer in the making
          Don't they usually start out with cruel acts on small animals?
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Who kills lizards?? What is THAT about? Little loser child.
            The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

I think what you did was great, NightAngel.
              "The soul is the same in all living creatures, although the body of each is different."
              --Hippocrates

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                What a F'd up family, huh?
                I wonder if that creep was my Dad if I'd be a lizard killer to?
                More than likely, actually. Sometimes the bad ones do come out of the blue, but more often than not, bad people are a result of their environment. That kid has probably heard nothing but nastiness and disrespect all his life, so where's he supposed to learn kindness and decency from?
                A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                - Dave Barry

Comment

Ah, and another womanizer is born!
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

NightAngel, how come you didn't keep the lizard as a store mascot or a pet? One of the girls at work found a teeny lizard in some flowers, named it Chance and took it home.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                    X