This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard tonight

On my police scanner......Would you guys believe some fool SC actually called 911 because a clerk was refusing to take $25 in loose change? That's all I heard of it, busy night for the Boys in Blue here. I really could not believe my ears. That IS NOT an emergency in any kind of way. But I bet it was to the SC because he NEEDED that 12-pack of Bud, bag of chips, cigs, rolling papers and candy bars. Ask me how I know this one of these days.
    USN Retired

Oh my God, what did the SC think the cops would do? Merchants have the right to refuse service to anyone.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Just wait until he gets the fine for improper use of emergency services/equipment. I think it's around $250.00 here.
      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

This is a famous abuse of 911, this link has a transcript and a link to the audio file of the call:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/cops/burger.asp
        Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
        TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
          This is a famous abuse of 911, this link has a transcript and a link to the audio file of the call:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/cops/burger.asp

Hehe, heard that before. Funny.... Feel sorry for that 911 operator though....

Comment

And I bet these people would be the first to scream and/or sue because it took 911 to send someone to help them in a real emergency (since asshats like calling 911 for stupid crap like this...).
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X