This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ebonyknight View Post
    I assume you are not going to watch them again, right? If not, you are just going to encourage them to do it again. You will be feeding the entitlement that everyone here complains about.

A good customer is not a customer that screws you over with not so much as a kind word. Those are the customers you can do without.
    There is such a thing a firing customers...would be the solution here!!!

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
      It amazes me the number of times I read on this site "you should have called child services"

Folks, did your parents ever do something dumb when it came to kids? How would you have liked to deal with CPS and have your parents go through weeks/months of hassels because your parents forgot they had to pick you up at 6 instead of 7 or something?
      I remember when I was in third grade, Mom forgot to pick RW and I up from School. We were supposed to go to a girl scout meeting, Mom said she would pick us up from school since she needed to run some errands anyways. Well, she said she finished her errands early and wound up to her eyeballs in a book. She didn't realize she'd forgotten about us until she went to make dinner.

I don't know why she never answered the phone. But she picked us up shortly after 6. School was out at 2:30.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
        It is a good policy, but I still don't like it.

How would CPS be able to find out anything more than the police, hospitals, relatives?

If you're not calling to report abandonment or abuse why would you call them? I know what you said, but I didn't know that was a service they offered. I thought missing people was the police.
        The police are there to find the parents, but the issue is the child itself. Child Protective Services gives the child a safe and non-threatening place for the child to wait until someone can be found. Holding a child at a police station with all the criminals coming and going is a little scary for kids.

That's the service of CPS. Keep the child safe and secure while the parents are found.

M
        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Working...
        X