This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Can I have a cheeseburger View Post
    What a lot of customers don't know is what gelato is. I am tempted to roll my eyes when I see parents walk by and say to their kids "look, they've got ice cream!" It's not the same thing!
    Please don't roll your eyes. I don't think I'd ever heard of gelato until about 5 years ago.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'd not heard of it until today.

Rapscallion

Comment

I have to admit I thought it was the Italian word for ice cream.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

It is. But there's an Italian way to make ice creams, or so it seems. So, anywhere outside Italy, gelato = Italian ice cream, rather than "just ice cream".
          "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Several months ago, my roommate got back from the grocery store. Some crazy stuff was happening at the place we usually went, so she had gone to a more upscale one nearby. She comes in "OMG It's amazing!! The produce is so fresh and they have gelato!!"

Me:
            Roomie: Gelato
            Me: Huh?
            Roomie: Juuuhhhlaahhhhtoeeee
            Me: What is it?
            Roomie: *scoff* I can't believe you've never heard of gelato!! We had it all the time in San Francisco!!

Well, golly shucky-darn, back at the trailer park the only ice cream we had was that there Yarnells. Der de der. :rollseyes:
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
            X