This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I sucky?

Today for lunch I went to the local DQ. The gentleman who waited on me asked what I wanted and I said "large chocolate shake." He made it, or so I thought. When he rang me up, he overcharged me by 75 cents. Since I buy them regularly I'd asked, and he said "its for the malt." I said "What malt? I ordered a large chocolate shake." He put the drink aside and began to make me what I'd wanted. I told him "didn't mean to be a pain in the ass but just wanted what I'd ordered. Sorry." And it was left at that.
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not in the least bit.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I don't think you wer sucky - you made an order, an error was made and you calmly sought and received a correction

Comment

It amazes me how many people don't know the difference between a shake and a malt--though usually it seems to go the other way around. I ask for malts, and frequently get shakes. Which is sad, because malts are DELICIOUS.

And no, you weren't sucky. Sucky would've been insisting that you get free shakes for life, or $40 for pain and suffering, or something. Asking that they get the order right while in store, in a polite fashion = not even a little sucky.
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Not by a long shot.

Comment

maybe a little short, but still (I'm assuming) polite and professional... asking for what you ordered, not sucky, had you done something though like demanding the shake be free because of the mix up, that would be sucky.
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I've had to argue with customers about not having malts before. Some of them don't understand that we only have shakes. I've even had people get mad and walk out because of it.

Comment

I wouldn't have even apologized. No need. No sucky.
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

No suck to be seen.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

No of course not. You were fine.

Comment

I cast my vote for Not Sucky as well.
                      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I also vote Not Sucky. Being not confrontational, I'd have taken the malt, but let them know that wasn't what I ordered, just so they would not make the same mistake twice. 75 cents isn't that big of a deal, but to some people on a tight budget, it could be. Asking for what you actually ordered and getting it at the price you expected to spend : not sucky.
                        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
                        X