Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why, no matter how busy it gets in Wal-Mart, I meticulously unfold every bill handed to me, line them all up with the presidents facing the same way (I'm anal like that), and count it out carefully to myself before repeating it back to the customer (i.e. "So that's $15.99 out of $20.00?" if they handed me a $20). I'll often put it away in the till before counting back the change, but that's to keep customers from reaching out and snatching it. At Wal-Mart, at least, the managers will actually count the till if the customer tries the "I gave you a $50!" scam. They're very strict about till counts.

Personally, I think the new $10 looks like it was dropped in red Kool-aid.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
      best advice, regardless of how busy you are: always check what you get initially, and KNOW YOUR PRESIDENTS.

i've had people pass off a ten as a fifty before (rewashed and altered); i knew something was wrong, but because of a long day and being exhausted, i wasn't able to figure out what, unfortunately-the president gave it away, after i thought about it next day (that damned hindsight issue). should have been grant and not jefferson on the bill. *sigh*
      I hate to be nitpicky here, but you really do need to know your presidents AND your non-presidents. Especially since Thomas Jefferson is not on the ten. Jefferson is on the two dollar bill and the nickel.

Alexander Hamilton is on the ten.

Another non-president is on the hundred. Thus the phrase "It's all about the Benjamins."
      Last edited by Jester; 09-23-2006, 07:00 AM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

I thought it was all about the Pentiums?
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
          In fact, this one girl I used to know, who worked as a stripper, got one of those once. How ironic is that?
          It's like rai-eeee-ain on your wedding day.

[edit]Gah, got distracted in another window and hit 'post' too early. What I was going to add is that we're fairly lucky in Australia, as our freaky-coloured monopoly money, combined with the plastic texture, makes it pretty hard to fake. Although when it was first introduced my best friend's mother turned a $10 note into a shrinky by putting it in the microwave (or possibly oven. I can't recall now), which is kind of nifty. I would assume they've changed the polymers since then, because they're definitely heat-resistant now - I've accidentally laundered money in my husband's workwear at 60oC and it's survived.[/edit]
          Last edited by Daria; 09-25-2006, 05:51 AM.

Comment

One time someone tried to give me come Chuck-E-Cheese tokens as quarters...

Comment

One of the times I went through the checkout line in the grocery store as a customer, I handed the clerk a 20 dollar bill, and he handed me a Canadian dollar in the bills and pesos instead of quarters when he was giving me back my change, and I pointed it out to him. He got all flustered and called the manager over because he didn't know what to do . . . . . weird.

Comment

I've never taken a counterfeit bill, even when they were all green, because no matter how busy it is- I look closely. I familiarized myself with all the points you can possibly check and I hit them with the pen on top of the other checks. I also take the time to face all the bills as I get them- which forces me, even more, to really look at what's in my hand. *knock on wood*

Quoth Cyanocobalamin View Post
                I like the $10s. They are a yummy orange sherbet color.
                I think they look like someone spilled orange Kool- Aid on them.
                "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                  I used to see these church flyers that, when folded up, looked like a $20.
                  I was poking through stuff in my grandparents' house and found an old vodka ad that was printed on the outside to look like a folded $10 bill
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                  X