This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My belief on Customer Service.

This is how I believe Customer Service. People will always be people. They will always pull the same crap that the ancient romans did. Look at the root word of "customer" custom. People always have custom on how they want to do things. But anyone with common sense will know to be curteous to others, pay accordingly for their purchases, and live a normal productive life. But people choose to make a mountain out of a molehill. They could choose to make life easy, or hard. Most of the entries on this site are people who make life hard. If people would all work together and pass on common courtesy, we would have a better life. It boils down to you. You can make someone's life better by smiling, or doing something. If the other person is going to be a jerk, let em. Stay calm, and at least you can come to this site and rant on. Due in fact to this busy, highlytechnologial society, people are used to running into fast food places and grocrey stores. But customers will always pull the same crap every day, they do it at home, the movies, mall, etc... But by being nice you make the customer look like an idiot, your boss will be happy that no bad reaction came, and you can rant on this site.

These are the top 10 things I believe they do:

1. Lie-They lie about things like "I brought this here"

2. Cuss-They always use foul language, with no respect

3. Their life revolves around paper-Whether its coupons, etc.. people are addicted to paper, and try to make your life misreable with it

4. Personal hygiene-Bad breath, smelly armpits, not wiping their butts, the list goes on

5. No courtesy-This includes not holding the door open, etc..

6. Abusing the system-They abuse every company policy they can

7. Kids-They don't keep the kids under control

8. Driving-They don't know how to drive

9. Stealing-They steal anyway they can

10. Loudmouth and gossip-They shoot their mouth a lot

Any comments?
    Whasup everybody, its chris in the house!

Sing it, pastor!

One of the phrases I used to have on my tech support stories site was "People lie. Willfully and with malice."

Most of it boils down to point five. Courtesy for others. Recognition that one is not the only person in existence, that others have rights as equally valid as one's own.

Comment

My firm belief in ANY situation with someone who is difficult is to kill them with kindness. That works in the customer service realm as well as personal realm. If I can't kill them with kindness, I leave them alone. I walk away, I put down the phone, I hang up on them. No, walking away is not always the right thing to do in the customer service world, but it's the right thing to do to maintain MY own personal health and well being. If it takes too much sweat...I let it go!
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
        One of the phrases I used to have on my tech support stories site was "People lie. Willfully and with malice."
        Aforethought?

Ah, as the great () Gregory House, MD, has taught us, "Everybody lies."
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          Ah, as the great Gregory House, MD, has taught us, "Everybody lies."
          I LOVE that guy.... Great doctor.... Needs to take Bedside Manner 101 again....
          Last edited by Ree; 10-15-2006, 01:58 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

I agree there are those who are obviously not happy with themselves but there does come a time when you have to say wait a minute my position here is to smile say thank you come back and make sure that I ring you up correctly but when you cross that fine line and decide to belittle me and treat me as though I have to accept you derrogatory mouth well then that's when my southern upbringing steps in and I correct you on you disrespectful behavior...My grandma always said treat others how you would want to be treated and I don't recall wanting to be treated with disrespect....

Comment

thats true...I agree. Treat others how you want to be treated. Our old manager (one who was uber cool) let us walk away from abusive customers. The one we have now I have this feeling will not let us do that to much. (However she was told by a werid 50/50 customer that she needed a 'penis transplant'...funny thing was she was nice about it and instead of shooing him out the door just agreed with him.....go figure.)
              NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Quoth chrisistheman View Post
                4. Personal hygiene-Bad breath, smelly armpits, not wiping their butts, the list goes on
                Ugh. Of all the horrible things they do, this one's the worst for me. I can stifle my irritation (though screaming bratty children really push my buttons) but I can't get past anything that makes me want to hurl.

Bleh. I feel slightly nauseous just thinking about it.

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                  I LOVE that guy.... Great doctor.... Needs to take Bedside Manner 101 again....
                  I don't know, I say he's good like that. He fights hard to save a life irregardless of beauracracy, doesn't sugarcoat the truth, and is pretty intuative.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth chrisistheman View Post

Am I the only one concerned with how you came across this delightful tidbit?

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                      I don't know, I say he's good like that. He fights hard to save a life irregardless of beauracracy, doesn't sugarcoat the truth, and is pretty intuative.
                      Aye, that he does. But I love him for that. Honesty to the point of pain.

Comment

I think the main problem is that customers have bough into the bleak, dark "faceless corporation" that was so prevalent in the 80's. Sure, it is nice for sci-fi, but in the real world, you don't work for mind-numbed corporate drones who were breed only to serve you.

Customers set up this "me vs. them" scenario, where the store they are shopping in is trying to screw them at ever turn, and it is their duty as a customer to make sure we don't get away with it. It may be some selfishness on their part, but mostly it is just a firm belief that they are some lone crusader against the heartless evil corporation.

Comment

Working...
                        X