Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the fuck is the big deal with those things? They make annoying noises and aren't even that cute...
    "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
    -FSTDT

Comment

I guess nobody went broke underestimating the taste of children.

That said, when I was that age I'd be more interested in the box.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Cygnata View Post
        As for Tickle Me Elmo, a friend showed me something VERY disturbing today: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...57809967804989

Safe for Work, at least.
        Why did I think that was so funny? I just sat here watching that and laughing like a fiend.
        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

My 3 year old niece got one for Christmas. I have to say, the grown-ups got more laughs out of that thing than she did.
          "You can try to control everything in your life or you can just let it go..."- Viggo Mortensen

Comment

Remember, this is a "tenth anniversary" product. And remember that their supposed target market is way too young to remember the original. So regardless of packaging and advertising and whatever, it's largely designed to attract the attention of adults.

(and unfortunately, many of those who *were* the right age for Elmo ten years ago have children...)
            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
            X