This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
    Frankly, I like Purplecat's posts... short and sweet, with no extra bullshit to rummage through. I enjoy it when people get to the freaking point without boring me to death with their verbal diarrhea (so to speak).

I wasn't even gonna read through the other posts before I said much the same. I LOVE Purplecat posts!!! Terse and matter of fact. I always imagine someone who's seen it all... and knows that most of us have ALSO seen it all... typing the way Joe Friday speaks. I imagine that if PC keeps on posting long enough, eventually we'll see:

"Customer type 17b. Four minute verbal. Shift manager solution 6L-x."

And we'll nod our heads in agreement.

I hate to disagree with Mama Ree, but appreciation of a writing style is pretty subjective - I think the style IS deserving of adoration.

And as important as "just venting" is, this board fulfills a higher purpose as well - letting us know that we are not alone. When we see the stupid and the suck day in and day out, when a thousand customers call us names or disagree or convolute logic and occasionally the laws of physics and biology, when we start to doubt ourselves, we can go to CS and read a bit and say "Hey. That happened to me today too. And there's someone who reacted as I did. I WASN'T the crazy one, the SC was. Whew!" And everyone of us who can still function politely and sensibly in society and comes here to write about it is serving that higher purpose, no matter the style.

Comment

*enters the fray that is the purplecat thread*

*realizes that what is missing here is cookies*

*retrieves said cookies and passes them out to all involved*
      If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
        And as important as "just venting" is, this board fulfills a higher purpose as well - letting us know that we are not alone. When we see the stupid and the suck day in and day out, when a thousand customers call us names or disagree or convolute logic and occasionally the laws of physics and biology, when we start to doubt ourselves, we can go to CS and read a bit and say "Hey. That happened to me today too. And there's someone who reacted as I did. I WASN'T the crazy one, the SC was. Whew!" And everyone of us who can still function politely and sensibly in society and comes here to write about it is serving that higher purpose, no matter the style.

Put perfectly. I get a lot less strssed at work recently, and it's thanks to the fact that I know others are going through customer service hell too. It's good to have people who understand customer service frustration.

On topic, I would be frustrated if my refund check bounced, but I would have simply asked for a manager rather than berate the OP, who could do nothing about it anyway. So yeah, this customer did suck.

Comment

I also vote suck on the customer. It was obvious that purplecat couldn't do anything about the check being declined (I would think that to try and override the verification mechanism would result in a fair bit of trouble).
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Purplecat I understand your frustration. Telling someone something and them not believing until someone above you says the same thing is very annoying. I just recently had a similar one.

A customer phoned in to place a catering order. She asked for the owner and when I informed them that he wasn't in and if I could take a message, she informed that it was for a catering order which I am allowed to take. BUT she refused to speak to me about it because she was sure that owner would know exactly what they wanted, since they bought one before.

Suffice it to say that by the end of the convo (the one where only owner would know what they wanted.) I wrote up the the party platter invoice perfectly and to their specifications before the owner came back. But god forbid anyone BUT the owner take the order. (and yes the owner got good laugh about it, when he got back and called them back and changed NOTHING.)

Comment

Working...
            X