This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meatloaf Lady

We used to have a customer I called Meatloaf Lady. This woman would come in a few times a week, buy two pounds of meatloaf from our meal case, then pitch a fit about the price and leave it at the register. This went on for a couple weeks before we discovered that ML would call much later, complain to an evening manager, and get more meatloaf for free.

Around that time, our stores started offering "family" portions of meatloaf (weighing 2 lbs., coincidentally) from the self-serve hot case. ML wasn't interested in this, though. She would still ask for two pounds from our meal case, bitch about the price, and then leave it. Once she even offered an explanation: Her son was allergic to ketchup, and our prepackaged meatloaves had too much to scrape off.

So, I started putting out family portions without ketchup on them. That must have worked, because I haven't seen her in awhile. I'm glad, because she was starting to make me twitchy. I wonder what her family eats now, though, since her frequent visits indicated that they must've had meatloaf for almost every meal.

Probabaly cat food out of a tin
    Yes. I know my typing sucks but I have a large orange cat sitting on my keyboard and a small disturbed dog trying to sniff his butt

Comment

Working...
    X