Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honesty I had no idea there were SO MANY loopy loos throwing punches around! I mean, I just don't see that when I work, lol. Thank GAWD. That is nuts. You did nothing wrong imo

Comment

I'll be honest : I absolutely didn't think of that and is a very plausible explaination. Maybe I misjudged him about that.
      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth AdvancedFlea View Post
        I should point out that I actually have no problem with people on the dole, JSA or welfare. and to SongsOfDragons, I apologise if I offended you
        It's all right hunnie, I was in a very bad mood last night as I'd been turned down for a very simple stopgap job that I felt sure was in the bag compared to all the other monochrome mooks they were interviewing.

And Victoria was right, I am only 21 and that lower rate crap is utter bullshit - you think everyone else is lowering their rates accordingly for under 25's, Brown? Do you seriously think that's a sensible thing to say, thinking that we have lower costs? No. Even minimum wage is more for the elder decadians. Cost are higher for the young.

It was in the news. The Recession of the Noughties is well and truly biting me in the arse.
        Last edited by SongsOfDragons; 08-06-2008, 08:42 PM. Reason: more moaning
        "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
          And Victoria was right, I am only 21 and that lower rate crap is utter bullshit - you think everyone else is lowering their rates accordingly for under 25's, Brown? Do you seriously think that's a sensible thing to say, thinking that we have lower costs? No. Even minimum wage is more for the elder decadians. Cost are higher for the young.

I believe someone actually tried a human rights challenge to Europe about it. But it failed

I (a) know much much more than any sane person should have to about the UK benefits system, and (b) have very strong feelings about this. It's iniquitous anyway - but I have seriously seen people being paid at that rate while in in hostel accommodation. Which has service charges - or £20 - £30 a week that won't be covered by Housing Benefit. This may cover breakfast - or mayve just lighting and heating etc.

So how exactly are you meant to survive on around £25 a week when you are 20, in a hostel where you can't really spend the whole day (if only because they're so horrible) and have very basic cooking facilities / food storage ? And have to pay for laundry etc ?

Sound bad ?

About the only reason they'll* even give a 20 year old hostel accommodation like that is if they're pregnant (or have a child - but then they get the full rate of benefit). Try feeding a pregnant woman on say £20 a week (service charge, travel costs, laundry etc. taken out first). I'm sure that's a wonderfully healthy diet, and will do wonders for the child.

(*THEM = homeless persons unit. They manage, at least in my local area, to neither keep to the technical rules of their job or show any sign of humanity. Last week they thought it was OK for a 22 year old woman who was pregnant and has severe mental health problems to be sleeping in her car every night. And told her that there was no help available even though that isn't true, and they are legally obliged to help her).

Now it's going to take me a long time to calm down again. Everyone who knows me knows not to ever mention the low rate benefit, HPU, or tax credits.

Victoria J

Comment

Of the many reasons that was a stupid thing, is the fact that no one knows who they were dealing with. What if you were some psycho who lost his temper and seriously injured or even killed him? What if you had a weapon? What if you had a criminal record? This guy doesn't know any of these things. Hell, sometimes normal, level headed people lose their temper and go off on someone. Jails and cemetaries are full of people on both sides of this equation.
            For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
            http://atriumforum.com/
            Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

well, to be fair I had any number of things on me I could use as a weapon. I always carry a swiss army knife. not the fastest thing to deploy but great for cutting boxes open or cutting the security seals off the lorries when they come in, that kind of thing. I've also got a tool belt which has a small selection of screwdrivers on it. I could have very easily turned on him and done some serious damage but thats just not my thing

...although, don't tell psycho customers that
              -The one, The Only, AdvancedFlea-

Stick that in your blog and smoke it.

A guide for customers about retail

Comment

well, to be fair I had any number of things on me I could use as a weapon. I always carry a swiss army knife.
                I carry a Kershaw Storm-II, half-serrated version. Sandvik 13C26 steel for the blade, which will hold a razor edge with a bit of work, for the blade. It's also got a very smooth one-handed opening, a very solid frame-lock locking mechanism, and a comfortable, high-grip handle design.

Plus, Ken Onion just makes some awesome looking knives.

I'd never use it in a fight*, but for a guy with hands my size it's one of the few I've found big enough not to feel "dinky".
                *Don't need it, and fists aren't lethal weapons.
                Last edited by JustADude; 08-08-2008, 11:07 AM.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post

Anyone doing well is subsidising themselves with undeclared work. Which is fraud.

Victoria j
                  Or other things not exactly legal.
                  3 Basic rules for ordering food.
                  - Order from the menu.
                  - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
                  - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                    frame-lock locking ...[/SIZE]
                    Dingdingding

And that makes it illegal. (to carry in public at least)
                    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                      Dingdingding

And that makes it illegal. (to carry in public at least)
                      Not where he is, if I'm thinking of the correct feature. Still not always best to pull out a weapon unless you really really have to though even if it's legal.
                      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
                        Not where he is, if I'm thinking of the correct feature. Still not always best to pull out a weapon unless you really really have to though even if it's legal.
                        AdvancedFlea lives/works in the UK, if he's on private property and were to have the knife featured by JustADude then he'd be ok but out and about he'd be liable for arrest.

Comment

Probibly more than my last car ^^;

I gotta say, I never did trash their car. Might not have been a bad idea.
                          This whole thing doesn't sound fair. *Sighs*
                          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

AdvancedFlea lives/works in the UK, if he's on private property and were to have the knife featured by JustADude then he'd be ok but out and about he'd be liable for arrest.
                            Sorry, was meaning, legal for JustADude to own I read your post wrong.
                            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
                              I read your post wrong.
                              No worries, that's happened to me a couple of times now, seems like I need to work on my explanations.

Comment

As I understand the law, I'd be liable for arrest just carrying my swiss army knife as, even though you can do more damage witha blade of GRASS than that thing, it could still be used as an offensive weapon. I would have good reason to carry it at work, because it's used for cutting boxes open, shrink-wrap, plastic memory boxes, etc and would be okay, but the second I set foot outside the building, I would be in trouble.
                                -The one, The Only, AdvancedFlea-

Stick that in your blog and smoke it.

A guide for customers about retail

Comment

Working...
                                X