This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AdvancedFlea View Post
    As I understand the law, I'd be liable for arrest just carrying my swiss army knife as, even though you can do more damage witha blade of GRASS than that thing, it could still be used as an offensive weapon. I would have good reason to carry it at work, because it's used for cutting boxes open, shrink-wrap, plastic memory boxes, etc and would be okay, but the second I set foot outside the building, I would be in trouble.
    Pen knives such as the swiss army knife are (I belive) exempt as long as the blade is under three inches.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Isn't there something about locking blades?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        Isn't there something about locking blades?

Rapscallion
        Yep, but most pen knives don't have that feature.

Comment

Um, there's a vague possibility that the little knife (blade about an inch) I used in the warehouse does have that feature, but I'm very not certain, and stuff...

Not admitting anything, of course.

Rapscallion

Comment

Going away from the discussion on knives, I recently came across this joke about what is an appropriate self-defence action.

CRIMINAL RESPONSE

How do you tell the difference between a British Police Officer, an Australian Police Officer and an American Police Officer?

Pose the following question: You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges. You are carrying a Glock 40, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

UK POLICE OFFICER'S ANSWER
            Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids?

Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it? Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?

Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? Should I call 999?

Why is this street so deserted? We need to raise taxes, have paint and weed days and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behaviour. If I raise my gun and he turns and runs away, do I get blamed when he falls over running away, knocks his head and kills himself?

If I shoot him, and lose the court case does he have the opportunity to sue me, cost me my job, my credibility and I will lose my family home?

AUSTRALIAN OFFICER'S ANSWER
            BANG!

AMERICAN OFFICER'S ANSWER
            BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Click... (Sounds of reloading) BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Click.
            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
            Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

That'll be posted at work tomorrow...

Comment

I'd tend to agree with that
                -The one, The Only, AdvancedFlea-

Stick that in your blog and smoke it.

A guide for customers about retail

Comment

*goes to her joke forums*

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
                    How do you tell the difference between a British Police Officer, an Australian Police Officer and an American Police Officer?
                    The version I heard of that one was slightly different, with the question being how to you tell the difference between a conservative, a liberal, and a Texan.
                    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Working...
                    X