This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking = Bad

This thread reminded me about my own encounter with someone with selective hearing and an attitude that just begs for someone to give them a reason to explode.

Ok, the thing I dread happens, the Boss wants to re-organize the cables and adapters in the wall display on the weekend I'm not working. This happens on a fairly regular basis and I'm always having a bitch of a time finding for the first week after he does it.

I always feel stupid when I can't find the DVI-HD15 video cable adapters for someone.

So some woman and her husband pops in and she asks me for a PS/2 Cable Extension cable. I go over to the display and I'm looking. As I'm looking I'm saying softly (not quite my normal speaking voice, but certainly louder than a mumble) to myself "PS/2, PS/2, My kingdom for a PS/2 extension. Now if I were a PS/2 Extension...where would I be?" as I'm looking for it.

BW - Bitchy woman
    AH - Awesome Husband
    Me - Hi!
    M - Manager

BW - What the [fornicate] did you just say?!?!

Me - I was just asking myself if I were the cable where would I be?

BW - NO YOU DIDN'T! You insulted my intelligence! You insulted me because I couldn't find the cable myself and not you're making ME LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT

Now mind you, at this point in the game she had come in and asked me for a cable...she never looked herself. Not surprising and not sucky since the average person wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a printer cable to save thier lives. Again this is not sucky as it is MY job to be able to find the part they need and supply it and/or install it for them. But to flip out on me for saying she's an idiot for not finding it when she didn't even look and asked me to do my job which I was polite and cheerful about...that's a bit much.

Me - I assure you I was just asking myself where the cable was since the display got rearranged this weekend and I wasn't there to see where everything went.

BW - Well why the [fornicate] weren't you there? Isn't it your [fornicate]ing job to maintain the display?

Me - Yes, but my boss did it when I was off of work.

BW - Well why were you off work? It's your goddamn job you should have been there.

M - What's going on here (my boss having finally decided to step in and figure out what all the noise is about)

BW - This worthless piece of [excrement] called me a retard for not being able to find a part I need.

M - Mongo! Apologize to this woman now

AH - Sir, Mongo will not apologize to her. I will not permit it since he didn't do anything wrong. My wife and I came in, asked for a part, and he went looking for it. I heard him asking "If I were a PS/2 cable, where would I be" to himself as he was looking for the cable. My wife blew up and wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise until now.

BW - Oh no he didn't and you stay the [fornicate] out of this. You have no mother [fornicate]ing idea what you're saying. Now shu...

AH - No you shut up and YOU apologize to this man and his boss for acting like a complete bitch with the fuse lit on your tampon.

BW - Why you little pissant excuse for...

AH - (pushes his wife out the door and says to us) I'm sorry, I have no idea what the problem is with her today. Don't do anything to Mongo...he didn't do anything.

And he leaves.

My boss walks over to the security camera computer and rewinds the scene. Since I was looking in the same area as some of our more expensive items, I was right under the camera and it's mic. The boss heard me clearly say the things I said above shook his head and apologized to me for even thinking I would call a customer a retard...then he himself called her a [fornicate]-tard and went back to his desk.

Later the Husband came back and apologized again and asked if we had the cable. By this time I had found it and cheerfully got it for him. Rang him up and he was on his way.

Never found out what set this Charlie Uniform November Tango off.

M
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Damn, that's a Grade A Pyschotic Episode there. Something tells me AH there has dealt with this particular type of outburst before, considering how calmly he handled it. Been there, done that, he's got the T-shirt to prove it kind of thing.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Huh. Maybe she wasoff her meds or something. At least thehusband stepped up, though.

Comment

Gotta wonder what she's like at home. I bet they probably argue very loudly at home a lt.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

that's cos the real saying for it is... "Can't Understand Normal Thinking"
          which seems fitting for her

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
            acting like a complete bitch with the fuse lit on your tampon.
            I am *so* glad I wan't eating while I read that!

Maybe I should put off my cheese sammich for a little while longer!
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

meds or shock therapy? meds or shock therapy?

i'm going with both; valium for the meds, so she's mellow and happy.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I like the [fornicate] parts!
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Damn, that bitch was a grade A nut job. I hate seeing good men paired up with psychotic shrews for wives or girlfriends, especially ones that just do nothing and take the suffering. That husband rocks for standing up to that battle axe and sticking up for you!
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

BW - Well why were you off work? It's your goddamn job you should have been there.
                    Just proves our theory that they think we live at work.

AH - No you shut up and YOU apologize to this man and his boss for acting like a complete bitch with the fuse lit on your tampon.
                    Quoth crazylegs View Post
                    I am *so* glad I wan't eating while I read that!
                    I'm glad I was letting my soup cool!

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
                    Huh. Maybe she wasoff her meds or something. At least thehusband stepped up, though.
                    I was thinking that, too. I can't imagine how this poor guy puts up with her....unless he likes it??
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I like the word 'fornicate' !

Comment

Whew - what a psycho bitch!

And I have mixed feelings about your boss, Mongo. Does he typically act spine deficient before asking you what happened in this kind of situation? Hopefully he was just having a bad day when he immediately ordered you to apologize without asking what was up.

I'm glad he apologized to you but, geez...
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                        X